V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying whats up out there?, New member here and I just bought a 02 Dyna wide glide and absolutly LOVE IT Most comfortable bike i've ever rode. Put a gunfighter seat on it and then some V/H Bigshots and now I would like to lower it with some new rear shocks... any suggestions...???

Gimme some Ideas Thanx

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey Deano,

It looks like everyone is new here. I think this is one of the best forum formats that I have seen. I think this is going to be a good place to visit. My current bike is a 2000 FXDS. I've made so many improvements/changes that it doesn't look anything like it did originally. That's part of the fun; getting it just like I want it. I love my dyna and can't see ever going to anything else that Harley offers at this time.

I lowered my bike with Harleys lowering kit made for an FXDS. Since the FXDS has higher suspension than an FXD, I think it really just uses the standard FXD forks tubes/springs and rear shocks in the kit. I have been told that when lowering the rear, the front forks need to be lowered for good handling. I know that some people don't do that. Maybe someone who has lowered only the rear can advise you on that better than I can. :)

Ride safe,

FifthGear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike

Thanx for the advice, Bike looks mint, when i get a picture on the web i'll post it!

I agree I think this site is gonna be awesome!!

Deano

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello everyone !! I ride a 01 FXD,and love it.I've put about 8,000 miles on it so far.I think it's the best combonation of comfort and performance that H.D. offers.I've added Cycle Shack slip on mufflers,Yost Power Tube,and S.E. air filter.Maybe later I'll upgrade the ignition.Here in Indiana the riding season is just about to end, so I will probably be on here quite a bit.
Later!!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Well I am moving kind of slow when it comes to giving warm welcomes to everyone! Trying to get all aspects of this website running smoothly.

Thanks for giving the H-DForum some of your time. Winter is coming upon us so I am sure we will all be spending time "talking" about our bikes rather than riding them.

Again, welcome to the Harleydavidsonforum!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Folks

I'm glad I was told about this forum. Looks like it's gonna be a winner. It's real nice to have a forum dedicated to our Dynas.

Tony

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome Gunslinger!

I have seen you post on another forum. This one looks good to me although the one that I saw you on is hard to beat for comedy! LOL

Later

Fifthgear

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea....I'm on several of these posts for bikes and my truck. I'm hoping this one will be a little more about motorcycles and riders, not just about flaming each other:rolleyes:

Tony

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fifthgear, What kind of bags are those? Your bike is way cool. I have a 99 FXDS that could use a couple of touches from your bike.
New here so no one knows me yet, hope this forum catches on.

B

·
0 Posts
National exposure

Should get ALOT of new members and exposure around the first of the year. The owners have some national magazine advertising in place to draw more people.

They have put in alot of work and resources to get this site going so hopefully we can continue to grow.

I am pretty excited about this place!

Boar 6

(Need to find me a fancy sig to post in my sig like the rest of you)

:(

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Daposapo,

My saddlebags are "IronBags". I don't know about your original bags but mine started fading on the nylon part. They went from a black to a light brown. I tried dying them but it didn't last long. I wanted some large bags in the style like these. I debated between the "Heritage bags", "Bossbags", and the "Ironbags". I like these Ironbags and chose the black studs to match my seat. I have a larger picture of them on my bike although it is a few months old and I've had a birthday since then! LOL.
It is at this link: http://home.att.net/~fifthgear/DynaIron3.JPG

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, my bags turned light brown in about a year. I treat them from time to time with black leather shoe dye, but it only lasts a few months. Those Ironbags look a lot bigger than the original ones. I too like the look, it’s what caught my eye in the first place. I’ll check them out on the web. Did you purchase them online or at a parts store?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
daposaspo,

I didn't exactly purchase them online. I had to call them and purchase them on the phone. But I got the number from their website. They are very nice people to do business with and they put a rush on my order even though they had many to get ready for people before Sturgis. If you haven't already found the site it's: http://www.ironbags.com/

Later,
FifthGear

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: National exposure

(Need to find me a fancy sig to post in my sig like the rest of you)

:( [/B][/QUOTE]

Me TOO...I have lots of pictures...but can't figure out how the hell to get them as a signature...(Computor Challenged)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts