V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I'm 50 years old and newly retired. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'm currently riding a black 2002 Road Glide. I started riding in 1971 on a Honda CL 450, I had several other Honda's until 95 when I got my first Harley, a 1994 FXRP, then a 1999 Roadking.

In early August, a buddy and I spent 11 days on our bikes covered 3500 miles in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma. We met dprice's wife in Oklahoma City and she told us about this forum.

I'll be leaving Monday, headed for Hot Springs for the Arkansas H.O.G. Rally. We will be camping at Lake Ouachita State Park from Sept. 9 to 16. There are three of us going from here, let me know if you're going, maybe we can get together. We don't really do much rally stuff, but we ride and eat alot and meet new people. Isn't that what it's all about.

cj

·
Registered
102 Posts
Let me be the 1st to welcome you, Charlie!
I'm new here myself, in the last couple of weeks!
Super folks & great readin'!
bear aka Don B

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Charlie, new guy myself. Been reading posts for awhile now. Seems to be some good info, great people here.
tbone

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome charliej,
I agree with you 100%, riding, having fun and meeting new people is what it's all about. And as a bonus sometimes you run into those small cafe's / dinner's that have great food. Glad you found out about the forum and joined in.
I was born in Alexandria, LA and miss that area -- I like to fish.

·
Registered
544 Posts
First welcome charliej, second I am sure everyone wants to know, what the heck did you do that you could retire at 50? Win the lotto?

I thought I was lucky to think about it at 55, not there yet but at least I can think about it.

Anyway welcome to the board look forward to your advice, since the stock market sucks we need good advise.

Thanks and again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Dave, no didn't win the lottery, I was a Police Officer for 23 years and became eligible to retire when I turned 50. Decided it was time to get away and let the young guys have it.

No advice about the market, lost my butt too.

cj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts