V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, haven't been able to read anything but the technical stuff so far, but i just spent the $15 bucks to join this site... probably the best $15 i will ever spend on my bike, my hats off and thanks to whoever put this site together, just wish i had found it sooner.........
anyway, me... been riding since i was a kid, started with the mini bike and a briggs and straten, to yamahas, suzukis, hondas, a sportster way back, then a softail, then a glide, then another glide...
recently sold the softail, lost one glide in the flood waters of katrina, and now i am putting an 06 glide together..
well, i cant see anybody really reading this, so if you really wanna know something just ask... fair enough?

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about losing the 'glide to Katrina. Did the insurance cover it?

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
whereyat - when i saw that I reckoned you'd be from the other LA .. welcome to the forum, good stuff here

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
:welcome: to the V-twin forum. Lots of good info on here. Post up and enjoy.
I hope things get back to normal soon for y'all down there.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the welcome..

yes the insurance, state farm, did cover the bike... other than the $500 deductible, they paid for every dollar i spent on the bike, including, tax, title and license... well everything i could show a receipt for, shocked?? i still am!!! i didnt ask any questions, i took the check! and my next door neighbor bought the bike back for $8000.00 cleaned it up, changed the fluids a couple of times an has put about 3500 miles on it! i was going to buy it back myself, but state farm informed me that i would not be able to insure the bike for more than the salvage value, and then theres the resale, and i was about to spend a few more thousand on accersories and motor work, i just hated to have 20k in a bike with a salvage title. i have gone back and forth about a thousand times thinking i did the right thing letting it go, or wether i should have kept it, but hey, i got the new bike, its paid for, and its done! so now i am building the 06 my way, wish i had found this site earlier, would have done some things different, but atleast in the future i will make more informed choices.. thanks again for all the info you guys give up, hope you get some of my $15--- you laughing?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Where, welcome! Glad you got a new ride! Take care and I hope things continue to improve for you!

Ray

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts