V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum but not to riding. I've been riding around 9 ro 10 years. I purchased a 2005 low rider last year. It's my first harley. I have previously ridden Honda rebel 450, Honda Shadow vlx, Kawasaki vulcan 800, and Yamaha v-star 1100. I'm crazy about motorcycles.I'm also a female rider and would love to hear from other females who ride. I'm especially interested in hearing from those inseam challanged people who like myself (I'm 5'2) have trouble getting bikes that fit short legs. There's not a lot of info out there for folks like us and I've pretty much "been there and done that". So, if anyone needs information about bike and modifications, I may be able to help or at least give some pointers.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Lots of laughs and facts here at the VTF.

Check out the Ladies section (if you have not yet) and you will find some hip chicks.

Have fun and make friends.....Grab a fist full of laughs when you can.

·
Registered
136 Posts

:welcome:

Good to see another lady on here (like myself), you're in good company there are some really cool chicks here, come on down to the lady biker's lair and have a read or even start your own thread.

You've already met Popeye I see - he's amongst the funniest and quickest typist on the forum... lol.

Be glad to hear about your modifications... I'm yet to get my first bike but am probably going to have similar problems.

Enjoy your time and post often

Best wishes
Georgina

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hey Neighbor!

We're outside of Newark, DE so pretty close to you. I ride a Road King Classic, and Mrs. Sinker has a Shadow VLX. She's a little taller than you, but definitely worried about staying flat-footed on a bike. She'll be a little jealous of you...she likes her Shadow, but wants a Low Rider!

You'll like it here. Just go ahead and jump in.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Congratulations on the New Bike!!!

:cheers:

gbdola said:
Hi I'm new to the forum but not to riding. I've been riding around 9 ro 10 years. I purchased a 2005 low rider last year. It's my first harley. I'm especially interested in hearing from those inseam challanged people who like myself (I'm 5'2) have trouble getting bikes that fit short legs.
Congratulations on the new bike. My wife is only 5'1, weights only a buck o'five, and can not even hold up a v-twin Harley. The only bike that fit her when we were shopping around was the 883L which they now offer a 1200L. She is not a huge sportster fan so we decided to hold off on her getting a Harley. She mentioned another kind of bike she was interested in so we may go that route. The main thing is you are riding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your wife could try a v-star 650 or 1100. They are cool bikes and are both easy to ride even for a short rider. And you could get a lower seat that would make it more comfortable

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Thanks for the info

She may come around on a 1200L customized with a 1200C tank and lots of goodies. I am not sure yet. She mentioned a sport type bike, but seeing as how many of those come in even a higher inseam than a 1200C I don't think she can manage that bike.

If she ends up with a 1200L, chrome it out, swap the tank to a 1200C, new exhaust and put some different rims on it I believe she would be satisfied.

She is not in any hurry, so it is good to take the time let her decide what she wants.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.