V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as though this is the appropriate place to begin as a new member, so I may as well throw an introduction out to all of you.

My name is Scott and I am from Mechanicsburg, PA. For those of you without a map, that is just West of Harrisburg, PA, which is the state capital.

I have been riding motorcycles for roughly 19 years now. Most of my early rides were metric cruisers of one sort or another, but that changed last year when my girlfriend decided that I should be on something of a higher caliber so that I could take her riding. So off we went to our local dealership to purchase an '04 Sportster 883 Custom.

We owned the bike for just over a year and managed to put 7000 miles on it with our busy schedules. Weekend after weekend, our rides grew longer, overnight stays became the norm, and luggage began to accumulate as well. We knew that this was going to be a problem and that there would never be any long distance trips to Daytona on the Sporty.

During the '05 MDA Ride for Life event, we were able to demo a new Ultra-classic, a ride that would forever change the two of us. We were so impressed with the ride that we decided that our next bike was going to be a major step up.

Yesterday, December 2, I am proud to say that I became the owner of a 2001 FLHTCUI Ultra-classic.

It is my hope that with our membership in H.O.G., our local chapter, and this forum, that we will learn more, ride more, and meet more people than we ever have.

Thank you all for putting together a great place to hang.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. that is one big step up in bikes, but you'll enjoy your new scoot. so will she with that comfy seat.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Welcome and ENJOY!!!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Thanks for posting your intro. You have picked a great motorcycle.

I congratulate you on the new bike and choosing this, the finest of forums known to the human race.

Post up and read some of the great threads at VTF.

Welcome to the exciting world of the VTF.

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. enjoy and post often. Have fun on the scooter!!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Welcome from a fellow PA guy

Hey, Scott:

Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Touring motorcycles. I'm originally from Lewisberry, up on top of Moore's Mountain. I started with a Sporty 1200 roadster in 2004, bought a Dyna SuperGlide in June of this year and traded both on an EG Classic a few weeks ago. I love mine and I know you and the missus will love yours.

Do you ever go to William's Grove Speedway?

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Welcome aboard.

May you and the lady ride many safe & happy miles :wootdnc:

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Welcome on board Scott. You have certainly upgraded to a very high quality machine. You'll really like it!

Enjoy yourself here too. Lot's of good folks willing to share tons of information.

Take care and ride safe!

Ray

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wizwill said:
Hey, Scott:

Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Touring motorcycles. I'm originally from Lewisberry, up on top of Moore's Mountain. I started with a Sporty 1200 roadster in 2004, bought a Dyna SuperGlide in June of this year and traded both on an EG Classic a few weeks ago. I love mine and I know you and the missus will love yours.

Do you ever go to William's Grove Speedway?
I have only ever been there once, but when they are racing on Friday nights, I can hear them from where I live.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It looks like I will gather yet another family right here at VTF.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the Ultra! Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts