V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi, and intro myself..... Been in the Corps for 19+ years, currently owned by a 2k FLHTCi, I call her "The Dirty Blue *****".... I have been on 2 wheels for about 24 years now.... mostly H-D's, but I also taught the Military Motorcycle Course for operators and maintainers, and that centered around the Kawi KLR 250's and 650's.... I retire in about 8 months and have a 4 year old son, that is laying claim to "Biker in Training"..... Currently stationed aboard MCB Quantico, about 25 miles south of our nations capital.... Belong to Leathernecks M/C, Keystone Chapter.... Holding the office of State Vice Prez..... I ride as much as possible, seeing as it is a mode of transportation, and not a hobby.... I do most of my own wrenching, and that which I do not do, I am a shop hang-around, to keep expanding my knowledge base.....

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Welcome D-Hog. The Hippo smileing at you above is a good contact for you here. The dude knows his stuff.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JimmyK.... Hippo and I have been acquainted for a bit o' time now, from another Forum.... Yes, the man does know his stuff... I trust that he is doing the same for each and every one here... Passing only the best of data to those that want to be in the know....

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome DevilHog

·
Registered
337 Posts
DevilHog, Welcome to the forum.

I also was trained on the KLR250 for Intermediate Maintenance. It was a little over 11 yrs ago now in Okinawa by SSGT. G. (His full name escapes me right now and I cant read his signature on the certificate) . I do remember him saying he was only one of two instructors that were allowed to train on the KLR motorcycle at the time. Maybe you had him as your instructor also or you were the other instructor.

Well I just want to congradulate you on your coming retirement. And wish you and all, the best.

Thanks,
Buzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts