V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm grooving! Just ordered my "Gunmetal Pearl" Hard Saddlebags for my Fatboy that arrives next month! These (influnced by the "bettle bags by Corbin) are lockable with pleanty of room for my touring needs! Any comments?

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Those aren't new...just the color is new. I think they actually were out before the Corbins. Did you look at the lether-covered hard bags?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel so stupid :(

No, Are the leather covered bags the same as the painted ones, just covered with leather, but same exact specs?

I'm kinda digging the "GunMetal Pearl" color, but leather covered might be cools as well!:D

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
They are different shape and there are both 100th and non-100th versions of the Locking Rigid Leather Covered saddlebags. Check the HD website...look under Softail...Saddlebags....in-store only.

Not sure but I would guess the hard ones you show are kinda small. Any bag made specifically for a Fat boy will be pretty shallow to clear the stock shotgun exhaust. keep in mind that once you go to all new non-shotgun exhaust (assuming you will) that most of the "fits softails except FLSTF and FLSTD" lines in the parts catalog no longer apply to you. Saddlebags, axel covers, swingarm trim, passenger pegs and all kinds of stuff are different for the fat boy (and sometimes Duece) because of the stock shotgun exhaust brackets. Once you go aftermarket exhaust (not just slip-ons) you can use a whole lot bigger saddlebag and lots of other stuff.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And since I will be paying the "Harley Tax".... It sure does open up some options for me :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts