V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new legend front and rear suspension and wow what a better ride. I can not say enough wow. I do have a small little problem though hopefully someone with more knowledge then I can help me with this. When we originally did the front ones I honestly was so excited to get back together I didnt check as close as I should have but now my front brakes are rubbing terrible. It won't make a full spin. I have new pads only about 800 miles on them. I have made sure the front axle is ion correct with the 7/16 drill bit. I have cleaned the disks and everything. But no luck. When we did it we just figured since the lowers will spin around that all we had to do was bolt the front fender back on and bam there it is.Is it possible that the front forks could be out of line? If so how do you align them?Any ideas would be appreciated we are running out of riding weather.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The front axle bolt should assure the forks are in line. Is the disk lined up with the calipers or are the pads just dragging. I agree that the Legend Suspension is fantastic.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The disk are lined up. I broke down and rebuilt the calipers last night and that helped a ton. The disk are still dragging a little but I can at least spin the wheel now. I’ve heard some drag is normal with these bikes.
thanks
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.