V-Twin Forum banner

New Kid on the Block

1K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  P 0 P E Y E 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Greetings All....

A bit about me

Though various sources over the previous 6 months or more, I had decided upon a new Harley Sportster 1200C. I need a bike that will serve me well without "breaking the bank". I was planning to make the move near the end of the year. Things changed and we were expecting some nearly immediate available cash (can you say re-fi). So with a buget in mind, we walked into Buddy Stubbs' Arizona Harley-Davidson prepared to leave a deposit on the Sporty I wanted - which they were expecting in that day. While waiting for Ethan to get there, the salesman whom we had spoken to earlier, something caught our eyes: a gleaming... showroom quality... black... chromed-up... '96 Softail Fatboy. Of course I had to sit on it and felt molded into it ... I felt the power between my legs :) My girl crawled on behind and the fantasy began. Then we noticed it was priced not that much more than the Sportster we originally came in for. Loan papers were filled out and approved.... After some scurrying around that afternoon we were able to kick together enough cash to hold it until next week when the re-fi cash becomes available for the down....

DarkLord
'96 FatBoy

See less See more
#2 ·
You are going to be a style-master on that fatboy. Congrats..Ride that thang for days my man.

Welcome to the forums that know and feel that same passion for their bikes.

This place rocks. It beats the poop out of TV. When Iam not riding one of my scoots, I am here trying to get my laugh count to respectible levels here at the "SHOP"

Post up and post often.........hope to get to read more of your stuff.

Good luck with the new BABY

#3 ·
DarkLord said:
Greetings All....

A bit about me

Though various sources over the previous 6 months or more, I had decided upon a new Harley Sportster 1200C. I need a bike that will serve me well without "breaking the bank". I was planning to make the move near the end of the year. Things changed and we were expecting some nearly immediate available cash (can you say re-fi). So with a buget in mind, we walked into Buddy Stubbs' Arizona Harley-Davidson prepared to leave a deposit on the Sporty I wanted - which they were expecting in that day. While waiting for Ethan to get there, the salesman whom we had spoken to earlier, something caught our eyes: a gleaming... showroom quality... black... chromed-up... '96 Softail Fatboy. Of course I had to sit on it and felt molded into it ... I felt the power between my legs :) My girl crawled on behind and the fantasy began. Then we noticed it was priced not that much more than the Sportster we originally came in for. Loan papers were filled out and approved.... After some scurrying around that afternoon we were able to kick together enough cash to hold it until next week when the re-fi cash becomes available for the down....

DarkLord
'06 FatBoy
To put it simply...
Shhhhwwweeeetttttt!

#7 ·
Well.......... not all goes as planned...

I went to Buddy Stubbs (my HD dealer) for an open house thing. And was able to show my girl's daughter's fiancee (whew!) my Fatty. Wandering around the sales floor I was literally floored. There before me was a '97 Heritage Softail...violet/purple-ish ... classic black leather saddle bags with silver studs... a way comfy two-up seat with silver studs... Lindby highway bar .... and 12,000 miles .....

...for the same amount I was paying for the '96 FatBoy... We were able to swap! So now on Thursday I will be riding home the "purple beast"!!!!!

And yes ... I will be posting pics next weekend
http://www.geocities.com/AzRicsWorld

We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing

#9 ·
:welcome: to the forum!! Enjoy the Fatboy. Post up often and enjoy.

#10 ·
My girl and I made a pact to NOT go back to Buddy Stubbs until Thursday - the planned time to pick up the Heritage. But she went in this evening anyway (the re-fi $ came thru today) and finished up the paperwork and gave them the rest of the downpayment.

So.... I am picking up the new addition early in the morning & will have the morning to RIDE (I go to work at 2:00) and then will have ALL DAY THURSDAY (one of my days off) to ride...ride...ride! ANd take a few pics of "her", "it" .....

~!Awesome! ~!Awesome!

DarkLord
'97 Heritage Softail!!!

#14 ·
okay.... I'm beyond psyched.....

My girl dropped me off at Buddy Stubbs just before 8:00am this morning .... I was on the road by 8:30. Was tooling around town getting used to handling 750 lbs! I found myself near the I-17 and just took off north ... I know y'all know the feeling.. but sh*t !!!! just playing with it a bit ... the wind ... the SOUND ... no one will mistake it for anything but a Harley :D Cruised up to the lake then headed home, cleaned up and off to work (dress pants on a Harley ..ewwww).... was able to log my first 90 miles!!

I took pics but can't find the interface cable (my girl will look for it this evening) ... so stay tuned - there MAY be pics tonight!!!

:banana: :banana:

DarkLord
'97 Heritage Softail Classic

#17 ·
I took the Heritage out to stretch it's wings yesterday. 160 miles of twisties and sweepers through the high desert mountains headed northeast OUT of the metro area. It was verrrrrrrry nice to get out of the Phoenix smog for a while. :laugh: When I neared home I filled her up & only took about 3.25 gallons - not bad with an S&S air cleaner and 2-into-1 exhaust with a header

I can't post pics yet, as I cannot find the driver for my camera to download to pics :rolleyes: Will work on that this week...
http://www.geocities.com/AzRicsWorld

We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing

#18 ·
Doesn't everyone have a story about their first ride? Wow, that's a great one *****.

You should've gotten the fatty (just kidding).

I was eyeing a Softail Deluxe when I got my Low Rider. To be honest after the whole year hearing, "you know, lot's of women ride Low Riders" I am kicking myself for not stepping up to it.

Oh well, how can one be upset when riding?

#21 ·
Now that is what I call a MOTORCYCLE. Congrats.

But whats up with the dude sitting on it?

He is smiling from ear to ear, He looks confused....Oh I know, I recognize the disorder. It is called NEW TOY SYNDROME.

I still have it every time I sit on my bike too. Takes one to know one.

VERY COOL

#22 ·
71baldboy said:
Congrats on your new bike......after a bit of flip floppin'.
You make a cool lookin pair.Now to be truly one with the machine oh LORD OF DARKNESS ya gotta rrrrrrrrrrrride- ride ride ride.
P.S. dontcha hate gravel driveways......you will.:265: :D

I love gravel driveways....POWERSLIDE to empress the audience

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.