V-Twin Forum banner

New kid on the block

704 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  deb93fxlr 
#1 ·
I have been riding motorcycles for the past 27 years. Got my first Harley in 1992- a 1200 Sportster. Rode that for about a year, then traded for a 1984 FXRS, first year of the Evo. Kept the ol' rude dog til 98 when I got a new 99 FXDL. She was my baby until just recently. Guess I'm gettin' old, I finally wanted to try out a bagger. Picked up a 2001 FLHPI w/4118 miles. That was a little under 3 weeks and I have put almost 2000 miles on it so far. SMOOTH...what else can I say. I did have the motor built to 95" w a SE Stage II kit and Hooker true duals. Really like the sound.
Just wanted to say I find this forum a very good source of info.
:D

#2 ·
Welcome!
When I was over at my local dealership today I heard a bike pull in -- to make it short I found out he had Hooker true duals on his bike. They sounded good -- he did say that he gets hassled about the pipes sometimes and went on with more choice words about law enforcement that I'd rather not repeat.
Sounds like you've been ridin' your bike -- 2000 miles? I keep telling em that when I get my bike I won't want to get off. I've already planned on scheduling my first & 2nd service when I pick up my bike.
Glad to hear you're enjoying your 2001 FLHPI

#3 ·
welcome twincamzz, glad to have you here. You will find a lot of good info here and a lot of good people. Don' t forget to meet some of these fine folks if you ever have the chance. This forum is about the people who ride Harleys as well as sharing information. Post often

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks to all who responded. Yep, I bought my motorcycle to ride it! Rode to my dealer of choice yesterday to get the security system installed and have them put new seals on the mainshaft in the inner primary. 170 miles each way, but well worth the effort.Dealer told me the bike was wired for security system. Turns out the bike is an early 01 FLHPI...they don't have the wiring for the security system. Tech wired in the necessary wiring and did a great job too! Scooter was used as an HD demo, but was never registered. Technically a NEW bike, so I guess this was warranty work. Al, I know is, I never got charged a dime!!! Now that is what I call service. They even put my butt on a brand new (1600 miles) Vrod to ride while they did the work.
twincamzz:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.