V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yahooey! Terminated last Tuesday, scored a new job for $8k more a year this Tuesday. Now I can take my severance package and lay it down on a Fatboy. Things are really looking up! Now I can wheelie the piss out of my old Hurricane until it blows up! Gonna be nice to ride a Harley again. Damn I can hardly wait!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Higmo said:
Yahooey! Terminated last Tuesday, scored a new job for $8k more a year this Tuesday. Now I can take my severance package and lay it down on a Fatboy. Things are really looking up! ] <snip>

Congrats, Higmo. You are one lucky guy. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats on the new job. Isn't it great the way life throws you these little curves and all you can do is roll with it. This time it looks like you rolled in it and came out smellin' like a rose! Best of luck with the new scoot!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the support, guys. Ya know, the last three years have been hell. My boss is one snobby, irritable peckerhead. He has raked me over the coals every chance he had. I'm happy to go. I guess all the time I worked my butt off with little or no appreciation has finally paid off... either that or its just my turn. =)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congratulations, Higmo! It's payback for good karma. From your helpfulness on this forum, I can tell you're a good person.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being you lost your old job you should have time to go to Daytona..

Being you got a new job with a raise I guess that means you're buyin'

Glad for ya cuddy,
Ape

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Congrats on the new job Higmo, hard work usually pays off in the long run.Have fun pickin out yer new scoot! guido

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking for a '02 fatboy if I can get one at or around MSRP. Color isnt a big deal, but as long as it's not some *****-color like teal I guess I'm all set. I will be paying off my wife's Honda with my severance from my current job, and if any is left over, will be applying that to the bike.

Hawgeye has helped a lot. I will be calling around some places soon. I'll try Harley Credit first, but my cradit rating isn't the best. In fact, I'm going to start a new thread to discuss that very thing.

Thanks again, my friends. It helps to have some support and fellowship here. I'm sure we share a lot of similar interests. Other wise we wouldn't be here, right?

Peace.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Try the online application at peoplefirst.com

I actually got 60 months @ 7.49%

They won't go any longer on a bike and yes my credit is very good and they require automated electronic payment (which I actually prefer) at that low rate but worth a try.

84 months at Harley's loan rates (10%+) would have lowered my payment a few bucks but it would also cost about $2000 or so more in interest over the life of the loan. And I was only taking a $11,000 loan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey FG! I haven't been posting because I been busy messing around with last minute things here at work. I hate going from one job to the next.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Higmo, have not been around for a little while. Congratulations on the new job and increase. The Fates are smiling on you. Good luck with the new Hog hunt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts