V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a new jacket from the MoCO - Switchback (part # 97530-06vm). Looks like you can convert from full nylon to mesh, with armor and rain liner. Anyone buy one of these yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
MoCo jacket

Tried to buy that same jacket from dealer,sizes run very small,3x was the size of a large in denim type jacket,none larger.I did buy a very simular jacket made by Ride Gear from an on line distributor.Nylon mesh,removeable rain liner,thermoliner,and armor in elbows,shoulders,and back,fits true to size as well.This jacket is made very well,a little heavy though,when not riding.Cost was 119.$ plus free shipping.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Switchback Jacket

My wife picked up one about a month ago. Waterproof road armor for cool to hot weather. Very nice design; quality construction; breaks down easily. They're flying off the racks around here.

i give it:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Picked one up today. I wear a XL and thats what I got. Seems pretty nice. A bit of a PIA to zip-unzip but you only need one jacket in cool to semi warm weather. It was in the 70's here today and I was comfortable in the mesh. Had to take out the back armor piece. Just couldn't get use to it.
I think I'll be wearing this jacket alot.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SwitchBack Jacket from HD

Just purchased my Switchback jacket from local HD dealer. A very sweet jacket, with removal outer sections that turn it into a mesh jacket, along with a removal rain liner. High grade cordura nylon, reflective piping, and four vents. This is a special edition jacket, so once they are gone dealers cannot order anymore. A true 3 season jacket and if you have a heated liner then it becomes a 4 season jacket. I plan on using mine for my 3 month ride next year, ridingtherim.com (go to riding/touring forum to find out more)

RGTerry

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
any bad reports on this jacket before I order it on line?

fitted in local store, so no worries there.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
did you look in the new products section?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I checked the HD website also....can't find it any ware?????
Typed in the part # given and it comes up with nothing.
Now I want one becaue I can't have it!!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Are you saying the jackets were online with that part # or they were never there?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
there's an XL and a L in the local store, but their phone system is broke.

welcome to PoDunk SC...

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Bought the touring switchback jacket about a month ago. Found sizing runs true to other H-D motoclothes. Great jacket for all the reason previously stated; extremely well made It you can find one....my suggestion is to purchase it if you want a 3 season jacket.

·
Registered
282 Posts
reg26
was viewable on line, now not. looked like a great jacket, but i never pulled the trigger and bought one. have to agree with you, now i want one 'cause i can't have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My local Harley dealer said that the Switchback jacket was a one time buy and there will be no more, just what you can find in the stores now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got mine from Chicago HD 20% off to boot, try them if you can.

Great looking and functional jacket, and I'd say they run close to or even a little big, I am 6' 250lbs. and my XL is a touch on the loose side hmmmm.

If you can't find one, Google a Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket, I am fairly certain they made this jacket for Harley.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
i did not know this, but one dealer can get apparel from another.

a salesperson found me one somewhere, and ordered it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts