V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you upgrade injecters do you have to re map. If so, can you do it with out dyno tuning. I got my map from thunderheader. I don't want the dealer to mess with it.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
roadho said:
If you upgrade injecters do you have to re map. If so, can you do it with out dyno tuning. I got my map from thunderheader. I don't want the dealer to mess with it.
What are you upgrading from/to and why. Unless your over 120 hp. even the 06 injectors provide enough fuel.

Joe

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Roadho, if you are referring to the new updated injectors that they have the service bulletin on for the '06 bikes the answer is yes when you change those out you will be running rich and will need to retune on the dyno (assuming you have the SERT already and did a tune before with the original injectors). The bulletin on the injector swap out on the '06 bikes is here:
cold start injector problems on '06 bikes

At least this has been my experience. The new injectors really helped the bike start like my prior RG did but now I need to get back on the dyno and retune which I am not real excited about becasue of the additional cost. I can definately feel by the seat of the pants that I am down on the power as compared to before the injectors were swapped out. Which to me says I am running rich as compared to my prior tune.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
06 injecter

My bike starts fine and performs fine also. I'm wondering if I will have a proplem down the road if I don't have them replaceed.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
roadho said:
My bike starts fine and performs fine also. I'm wondering if I will have a proplem down the road if I don't have them replaceed.
My 06 runs great, I'm of the thought that if it isn't broke don't screw with it. My dad has no problems with his 06 either. He has a build date of 08/05 with 5,000 miles on it and mine is 9/05 with 2,200 miles on it, haven't had no real issues yet. We got to take a little 140 mile ride yesterday and aside from my battery being bad and having to be replaced, both bikes started and ran great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts