V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Should be easy to make a modern liquid cooled inline 4.

"Want some grief? Buy an Indian Chief!
Want some more? Buy an Indian 4!"

·
Registered
903 Posts
Maybe already in the works. They do it right it'll be a winner. Do it wrong, they turn into collector bikes.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they mounted it longitudinally and kept the bike trim - balancing vintage with modern tech - I think they'd have a home run.
The problem with the original air-cooled 4's from Ace on thru Indian were the middle 2 cylinders would overheat. If they liquid cooled it , like the BMW K100 , it'll work.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
My parents met because of Harley and Indian in 1945 in Miami, FL. Moms girlfriend had the Indian four. Both were too short to plant both feet on the ground. One would put one foot down on one side and then the other do the other side. Once a cop stopped her friend and made her lay the bike down to see if she could pick it up. She did then told the cop that his mother wasn't married to his father.

Pop had a '39 61". He would carry an army blanket to cover the bike on the beach at night. The cops would shine their lights, but couldn't see the bike.

Mom and pop got married and sold the bike to buy a car. Only they couldn't cause his sister financed the bike.ha ha ha. If it wasn't for my mother I don't think my father would have become the success that he became.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts