V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the local dealer. They had an '03 Black & Silver Heritage Springer on the floor - OH my GOD!! That thing is awesome looking. Only problem is I have to wait until January before mine arrives!! I looked it over pretty well and once mine arrives think I'll invest in some extras right away. Here are the definites to start with: Exhaust, windshield, sissy bar. What are your suggestions to dress the bike up a little bit? I'm not that interested in any performance mods right away except exhaust.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Way to go!!! Add-ons are totally subjective. Get the parts and accessories catalog from the dealer for ideas. If you are not partial to H-D parts, surf the net for the aftermarket suppliers and go nuts. It's only money...

Here is a page of links for just about everything under the sun pertaining to Harley parts. Like I said, go nuts... http://roadsters.com/harley/

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well, If you change the exhaust, I'm almost positive you need to at least re-jet the carb, and maybe even upgrade the air cleaner. The intake/exhaust works as a "system", and seldom do you get to change something without it having an impact somewhere else.

But I'm almost positive if you *just* swap the exhaust (even for better flowing slip-on's), your engine won't run well without re-jetting....

·
Registered
51 Posts
My FLSTSI us due to arrive November 8.
Gray&Black

In my garage I have my V/H longshots, detachable sissybar , turn signal relocation kit, gray lenses, turn signal converter lens kit, passenger floor boards, Linby crash bar, Solo luggage rack, Corbin solo seat and LCD dip stick.

Tick....Tick...Tick

·
Registered
84 Posts
gfyoung3 - I'm with you!

My silver / black FLSTS is due March. Ordered it a few weeks back, and asked for it in the spring - March'ish. Dealer said "you'll be wanting it registered 20 March". I asked why; he said they're holding a party for 12 or so customers all of who are expecting their bikes then. Dealers having a fun event with certificates being made up etc. - the relevance of 20 March is all the paper work etc. will have 20/03 (20 March) 2003 - it'll be a bit of fun.

Anyway, I'm pooring through the catalogues also, and searching through previous adice threads on this site. Apart from cosmetic "add ons", I'm unsure what stage 1 choices to go for i.e. which exhaust manufacturer etc. Maybe we could email eachother over coming months and exchange ideas?

I've often wondered just how many Heritage Springer owners we have at this forum. Perhaps we should start a thread asking such.

Cheers for now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tom Skillen said:

I've often wondered just how many Heritage Springer owners we have at this forum. Perhaps we should start a thread asking such.

Interesting idea Tom Skillen!

FLSTS '01 Carb. Real Teal & Birch White

18000 Kms. without problems and still with stock exhaust! :)

Engine guard,sissy bar,leather grips...

I'll try to post some pics soon

Regards,

·
Registered
89 Posts
I added in the Screaming Eagle II pipes (slip-ons) in the deal on my '03 Softail std. It was delivered with that and carb jet change and air filer kit. Think it needs to be all done together as has been pointed out.

I was glad that I could get this at delivery, the dealer said it didn't cause any problems with break-in.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I love FLSTS. Had a '97 first one in town. Thought I would like a Road King so I sold it, then I missed it so much I bought an '01. Have lots of neat stuff on it. Bubba Brake has the best Quick Release sissy Bar and saddle bag detach on the market. They also have a great frount turn signal relocation bracket. Their half moon floor boards look real neat. Flaners makes a great replacement handlebars, a little taller and futher back.

Togeaux from the Big Easy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the response...

Thanks for the responses.

HarleyHottie - great looking bike your SO has.
I'd love to see some more HS's photos - post your picture if you have one.

As for the upgrades. Sorry I wasn't clear, I understand changing the exhaust requires intake changes as well. I consider them one in the same.

As for additional add-on, I've seen some highway type bars that mount under the floor boards and project out. I've looked thru my HD accessory catalog and didn't see any. Does anyone know who makes these and where they can be bought?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts