V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up? i'm new.....
i'm from toronto...and i'm looking at getting a harley for next season...but i'm a little lost when it comes to where to start
i'm 27, and mainly into honda civics (racing and modding) but since i was a child i've always had dreams of riding on my own harley

so hopefully, i'm gonna learn a lot from you guys and girls.

btw: if you get bored check out our site at www.torontocivics.com :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you are looking into Harley it's a whole new world out there, totally different from the Import seen (trust me, I know). But since you are interested in Harley's you may want to consider renting a few different ones to see which one fits you the best. Most Dealers do have rental programs. Welcome to the board, as for Imports I show my car and I am in the process of upgrading to 6-piston front brakes and more than likely bigger turbos next year.

Again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think VA V-Rod has a good idea about renting a few bikes before you decide. If it is your first bike you may want to start out with a Sportster to learn on, and then move on to a big twin.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look around. Like it was stated, try to rent. Also, decide what type of riding you plan on doing. There's lot of help here on the forum. Good luck with your decision. J.T.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome Cosmic,
Ask this forum about ANY model HD and you'll get some good advice. Pick a model and ask for comments on how it handles, maintenance, how it runs on long trips, does it attract babes, etc. That might help in your decision process.
WB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts