V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems and was thinking it was jetting. Well this is what I found so far and it is far from being fixed. I Talked Red Racing into putting it on their Dyno. We have the Air fuel real close with a 74 main and a .0295 mid it could probable go to a .030 or .031.. their is a electrical issue and I now have spent 10 hrs tiring to figure it out I just don't know what I should be getting for resistance readings at different stages ( ing. switch off , switch on, headlight off, high or low beam, not running, running at idle, 1500-2000 rpm, ect.) there is some fluctuation on all of these checking to ground. The horse power checked real low on the dyno 65, 70 torque was 108 pretty much across the board It leaned out when I first throttled it perhaps due to drag pipes but the issue is the hp. is really wavy on the chart and the tack on the dyno cut in and out in the higher rmps and that is what i find running as well it dies and come alive dies and comes alive. Then coming back home kept it in 3rd gear and was running maybe 4000 rpm it kept cutting in and out so its pointless to try and tune untill i figure why it is cutting in and out. If you could call me it would be greatly appreciated. Any pointer at all would help. would love to get this thing running good enough to take a ride over to you to really tune it and even perhaps try putting those pistons in. is there some way to isoliate this problem a way to check the coil. do you know a expert at wiring issues on harleys? How much resistance should there be checking to ground with switch off, on , running, high beam on at 2000 rpm ect

1 - 2 of 2 Posts