V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I'm just about to buy a XL1200C Sportster Custom.
Being 6'4" I am wondering whether the bike will be big enough for me (I'm pretty skinny at 150 lb). Not that I want a huge bike but I would not like to look like one of those guys racing minibikes ;)
Also I will be using this as a commuter and for short rides mostly in town and suburbs.
Is this bike going to be okay for this type of use.Is it a good platform for customisation and upgrades?
Any info will be welcome.
Thank you very much.

Antonio

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hi,

Well I am 6'4 as well but I do have a 98 pounds on ya. How far is your daily commute? You may be a bit tall for a Sporty but at least ya don't have to worry about weighing it down. LOL! Sorry but once ya get to know me you will REALLY hate me then!

Oh hell I am just jokin. Welcome to the board. Let's see if we got any tall in the saddle 1200 riders here to help.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm 6'2" and was a little cramped after riding one for not to long of a distance.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Like JimmyK and Highrider have said, you may be a bit too tall for a sporty. I'd suggest you find a dealer who will let you test ride a couple of their bikes. Try the sporty first, then one of the softtails. My guess is that you'll choose the softtail.

Good luck.

Oh yea, I know JimmyK had to be itchin' to ask, but for some reason didn't, so I will . . . what's with your user name? To2? No offense. Just curious!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Straydog said:

Oh yea, I know JimmyK had to be itchin' to ask, but for some reason didn't, so I will . . . what's with your user name? To2? No offense. Just curious!

Well if it comes back as any sort of riding outfit then definately do NOT get a Sportster! A Kia maybe. LOL!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Straydog said:

Good thing we're so civilized around here because we could have a hell of a good time with "tutu on a skirtster":D

wyo

·
Registered
684 Posts
Jimmy and wyo, you guys crack me up!

To2, we are glad to have you here, but I'd seriously consider sending a request to DP for a user name change. He can do that and you can reappear as someone else and knowone will ever know!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gee thanks everybody!
I did go with a brand new 2002 vivid black Softail Standard in the end and i'll be picking it up on Saturday morning.:D
My username of choice was 94c4 but I messed up my registration and ended up being put down as a 13 years old or younger (yeah right!).
Therefore parents authorisation is required so registration is stuck.
I have e-mailed someone in this forum, not so sure about who exactly, asking them to unstuck the situation.
So when everything will be sorted my username will effectively be 94c4.
Say, what's wrong with To2 anyway?:confused:
All my friends and family call me Toto (yeah like the dog in Alice in Wanderland but nothing to do with it - comes from my name, Antonio, and the dog in the Italian version of the tale has got a different name) or simply To squared - To2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts