V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I'm just about to buy a XL1200C Sportster Custom.
Being 6'4" I am wondering whether the bike will be big enough for me (I'm pretty skinny at 150 lb).
Also I will be using this as a commuter and for short rides mostly in town and suburbs.
Is this bike going to be okay for this type of use.Is it a good platform for customisation and upgrades?
Any info will be welcome.
Thank you very much.

Antonio

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Custom will be a good way to go for you, being tall and all. It is a top-heavy bike so the height will help your control of the thing as well. It has plenty of power and if you don't think it's enough, there are things you can do to give it more.

It is an EXCELLENT clean slate to start customizing. I think it's got to be one of the best if you like to change things around and generally tinker, weather it's with the innerworkings of the bike or costmetic (chrome) and everything in between. It's a cheap bike (as far as Harleys are concerned) and there is almost an unlimited amount of things you can do to it.

That's my .02 worth. Enjoy! Maybe someone else can be more helpful on the height issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not as tall as you, but wear 34 inseam jeans, so I'm all legs. I've got forward controls on mine, also a engine guard and pegs on it so I can really stretch out. I've been on several 350 mile plus trips, with no problems feeling cramped.

Check out "Miss Scarlet" in the gallery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts