V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's time for a new helmet and I am having problems finding one. My head measures a little over 25.5" and I need a 3XL.

I'm looking for a 3XL in a 3/4 helmet w/ visor, DOT minimum and hopefully SNELL.

I have a HJC AC-3 in XXL which is too small. Bad purchase decision. It would have been a good purchase decision if I could get it in an XXXL.

Anyway, looking all around, it seems nigh impossible to get a helmet for a fat head like mine. The HJC and Shoei models I am looking at only go to XXL (along w/ all the others I am looking at).

Any recommendations for helmets that meet my needs (3/4, flip down visor, minimum DOT or SNELL, size XXXL) ????

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Have you checked into custom fiberglass autobody fabricators?

I have a 23"... went to www.carbonfiberhelmets.com not sure if they have the 3/4. I was just into making my head look smaller. They told me that they do custom work as well... might be worth a look see.

Good luck

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8-Ball said:
Have you checked into custom fiberglass autobody fabricators?

I have a 23"... went to www.carbonfiberhelmets.com not sure if they have the 3/4. I was just into making my head look smaller. They told me that they do custom work as well... might be worth a look see.

Good luck
Carbonfiberhelmets did not have a 3/4.

Limited choices for those of us who are above average on the sizing charts!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Scorpion just came out with a 3/4 style helmet (Exo-200).
http://www.scorpionusa.com/

You may want to contact them, or find a dealer that carries their product and see if their 2XL will fit your melon, if I remember, they tend to run a little large.

I've got their full face EXO-700, and love it...I'm thinking about picking one of these up myself (but in large, matte black).

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

You may want to contact them, or find a dealer that carries their product and see if their 2XL will fit your melon, if I remember, they tend to run a little large.

I've got their full face EXO-700, and love it...I'm thinking about picking one of these up myself (but in large, matte black). They are 2005 Snell rated, as well as DOT rated.

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cdouthitt said:

I've got their full face EXO-700, and love it...I'm thinking about picking one of these up myself (but in large, matte black). They are 2005 Snell rated, as well as DOT rated.
Looks nice. i'll see if a local dealer can order them. thx.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Might call the Helmet Shop in Daytona and ask for their recommendation. They've got a pretty knowledgeable staff. I've bought five helmets from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts