V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. I was at the Harley shop wrestling with the idea of changing my old 1994 FLSTN sealed beam headlamp and passing lamps to the new fangled halogen ones. There was a poster that alluded to "retrofitting" your old bike with the new lamps.

The parts guy didn't know, and the HD motor accessories site didn't cross the 1994 FLSTN and the new lamps. THe parts guy thought that the large protrusion on the rear might not fit. I bought it anyway and it slid right in, and so did the passing lamps.

Of course, in hindsite, I am wondering if there is any good reason why I shouldn't be using those lamps. Harley DOES have a dual-halogen ugly lamp that shows fitment in Softails '91 and above. SO, '91 and above for one and not for the other? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anybody? Anybody?

·
Registered
322 Posts
the moco in thier infinate wisdom,,, why does ford service writer know about all recall/retrofit info,or have it at his disposal(hugh dunno maybee they like thier customers better) glad it worked 4 ya,,, how much better is the light in the twisties??? ride hard cb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts