V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I want to keep my engine as stock as possible with no modifications like adding a Stage I kit or modifying the FI. Can any of the Screaming Eagle pipes Harley offers in their big book be installed without further modifications?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I think the big book has that information in it actually. I am pretty sure you can add the SE pipes (not SE II) without any other mods.

But dude, the Stage 1 kit is not "engine" work...it is just a better flowing air cleaner and freer flowing pipes. To deal with the extra air flow you get a FI reprogram to also up the fuel to match(reversable if you would ever really want to) or carb rejet. All you are doing is taking it to where it runs like it should without all the EPA choke-holds on it.

It's not like they're dropping new cams in or anything.

·
Registered
515 Posts
dido logical

At my thousand mile service i wanted to change mufflers, the dealer told me it is not necessary to do the flash, but i wanted it anyway.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Correct...
I ran stock ECM, stock air with V&H Longshots for quite a while with no problems whatsoever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.