V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been ridin 45 years...mostley harleys...blew up my 10 year old roadking...seems harley saved some money with cheap cam bearings on some models...now on a 2006 flhtci...real different...it ain't black and I don't get the butt nummies...to the question...advanced sound sys...has 20w built in amp with 2 ohm speakers...what happens when I add the 80w amp and speaker upgrade with 4 ohm speakers and 8 ohm tourpac speakers???:flames:
Anyone have experience with this??? Suggestions??? DonV in Grapevine, Tx

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. I'm sure someone can help you with your question. You may want to post this question in the Electrical forum to get more exposure. Post up often and enjoy. Oh and congrats on the FLHTCI!!

·
Into the Sunset...
12 Posts
Your 4 ohm speakers will be louder than your 8 ohm speakers because the amp doesn't have to work as hard to drive them. Depending on the type of amp you have it has the possibility of damaging the output transistors if they are overloaded. Therefore, you need to know what kind of load your Amp will handle. You should try to keep the same ohm ratings on your speakers but most of the time they will work fine even if they are not matched. The lower ohm speakers will just play louder. I guess I would need more info on the amp you are trying to use. If you can get me that I can tell you more.

Nathan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Nathan...that's a radio sound 55w x 2 ess hd 77193-02 amp with two 4ohm 80w speakers...planned on moving the 2 ohm spkrs I took out back to tourpac pods...this is on a 2006 flhtci with the harmon/kardon advanced sound sys...it has a built in 20w amplifier...Tks for answer DonV

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Howdy!

:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

Lots of great folks and good info around here, post early and often. Good luck with your project. Look forward to seeing you around the place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

Tks for the welcome and to NTRyder for tech support...speakers worked great...2ohm spkrs fm the front to the back, 4ohm spkrs in front with the 80 watt amp HD upgrade...Mama got the extra vol in the back and its not blastin me off the bike...can still hear the V & H big shot duals open with thunder monsters...the rev tech DFO lets you tune whenever you make a change...no computer no dealership download...have run the power commander...DFO works much better...tks again...Yo...Don

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Hey yodon.......I am new to this site also. Just joined this past week and have enjoyed all the info and SUCH!!! Great bunch of people. I have learned a lot even though I have beenn riding since Hector was a pup. This site ROCKS!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts