V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all who care.
I bought my first Harley in July of this year. Before that, I owned and ridden those crotch rockets since the age of 16. Ten years later I saw the light. I grew up around motorcycles so of course my parents just knew I would own several. Still to this day I have a few Dirt bikes.
My HD is a 06 Dyna Street Bob, vivid black, moved the handlebars forward about 6 inches maybe more not sure, removed the mufflers, HD remapped computer and I just installed forward controls(real pain to install due to the shaft running though the inner and outer primary). Other than that, Zero complaints from this guy(riding wise). It is the best bike owned thus far.
I even had a friend that I rode rice bikes with who loved my HD so much he went and traded his 04 Yamaha R1 in on one. :clap:

Jon Hanna
Greenville, South Carolina

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Jon,
Welcome and congratulations on the new Street Bob! Post some pics when you get a chance! I am still trying to decide if I want the forward controls. I currently have the highway pegs w/ mid controls, but my last Harley had the forward controls and I liked them. Maybe I'll ride a little longer with this set-up before making the decision!

Again, WELCOME to VTF!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Harley Owner as Well

Jon:

I am in the same boat, I have ridden most styles however I recently purchased a 2006 Superglide, and I am extremely excited about the perfomance so far. I put on screaming Eagle pipes and iar cleaner with the stage 1 kit,and plan on Wide glide Ape hangers for the "bob" style with the single seat. What is up in the air is forward contols over highway pegs????

I think I need some more miles.:beer4u:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum. See the bright light and feel it's warmth.

A forum where grown up people are very fond of their bikes.

Post up and grab a laugh when you can.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the Street Bob!! Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts