V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked it up Sat. A Black '03 XL 1200 Custom! Wow!!!:eek:

I bought it in Tyler, TX about 100 miles away from Dallas. Believe it or not it was a couple G's cheaper than here in the big city. What a shock to everyone as this is my first bike and I'm 45 as of Aug. 1st. I'm glad I have an understanding wife who I just celebrated 1yr. marriage with last Sunday. I gues you could call it a birthday/ anniversary/ always wanted one present. I was going to get a Corvette but at the last minute I decided to stop by a local Harley dealer. I was hooked immediately. Bought it less than a week later. I love it! My wife was actually to my surprise, happier that I got the bike instead of the Vette. I got a 100th Ann. detachable backrest and a detachable wind shield at the dealer. Next I would like to get new pipes and some storage bags of some sort.

Any way, glad to be here and I have to go look at it some more before bed!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Terry, welcome! I moved your post so you could receive the proper welcome aboard............:D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrat.s on the anniversery/birthday/bike! Welcome to the forum. How you feel at home. Lots of Texans out there. J.T.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! I chose the XL 1200 Custom because it was the lowest riding most cruiser like of the Sportsters. Someday I'll get a bigger one but this is all I could afford right now. I bought the best I could get for the money I had.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,tdp 1 !!

Congrats on the Sportster,enjoy!!

You mentioned this being your first bike,are you planning on taking a safety course?

I think you'll like it here,looking forward to your posts.
guido

1 - 8 of 8 Posts