V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked it up Sat. A Black '03 XL 1200 Custom! Wow!!!:eek:

I bought it in Tyler, TX about 100 miles away from Dallas. Believe it or not it was a couple G's cheaper than here in the big city. What a shock to everyone as this is my first bike and I'm 45 as of Aug. 1st. I'm glad I have an understanding wife who I just celebrated 1yr. marriage with last Sunday. I gues you could call it a birthday/ anniversary/ always wanted one present. I was going to get a Corvette but at the last minute I decided to stop by a local Harley dealer. I was hooked immediately. Bought it less than a week later. I love it! My wife was actually to my surprise, happier that I got the bike instead of the Vette. I got a 100th Ann. detachable backrest and a detachable wind shield at the dealer. Next I would like to get new pipes and some storage bags of some sort.

Any way, glad to be here and I have to go look at it some more before bed!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Terry, welcome! I moved your post so you could receive the proper welcome aboard............:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Alright Terry! Got your new bike, way to go! What was it about XL 1200 Custom that spoke to you?
Nice pick and good luck with selecting all your extras.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrat.s on the anniversery/birthday/bike! Welcome to the forum. How you feel at home. Lots of Texans out there. J.T.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I chose the XL 1200 Custom because it was the lowest riding most cruiser like of the Sportsters. Someday I'll get a bigger one but this is all I could afford right now. I bought the best I could get for the money I had.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,tdp 1 !!

Congrats on the Sportster,enjoy!!

You mentioned this being your first bike,are you planning on taking a safety course?

I think you'll like it here,looking forward to your posts.
guido

1 - 8 of 8 Posts