1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
George C said:
Has anybody bought one of these things yet?
I don't know how many HD's you've owned, but most of the MoCo's accessories are made by someone else, (the lowest bidder) and has the H-D logo on it. ;[email protected]; Then the MoCo increases the price by at least 50%. Sometimes a lot more.. Buy elsewhere unless the stuff is at least 50% off. The only thang I buy from the MoCo anymore is dealership pins and they aren't worth the money............
Some 'stealers' will give you one but other times I've had to pay up to $10.00 for one........

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Low_Rider said:
I know it's a little OT, but I want one of these: Very Loud Air Horn.

I wonder if I can fit the compressor in one of my saddlebags?
You can put in under the nose of your seat.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Forget "loud pipes saves lives" - that thing would would wake up anyone (and probably cause an accident somewhere else).

To get back on topic, I really like 8-balls mod - I am most likely going to emulate it on my RKC.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I went with 8-balls mod and like the way it sounds and is out of sight. I think that new HD airhorn is FUGLY.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Road Glider said:
I went with 8-balls mod and like the way it sounds and is out of sight. I think that new HD airhorn is FUGLY.
@gree: @gree:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Krayven Sumhead said:
I don't know how many HD's you've owned, but most of the MoCo's accessories are made by someone else, (the lowest bidder) and has the H-D logo on it. ;[email protected]; Then the MoCo increases the price by at least 50%. Sometimes a lot more.. Buy elsewhere unless the stuff is at least 50% off. The only thang I buy from the MoCo anymore is dealership pins and they aren't worth the money............
Some 'stealers' will give you one but other times I've had to pay up to $10.00 for one........
With all due respect, I disagree.
I didn't ask for your personal market analysis of MoCo parts, or your opinion of their quality, but thank you anyway..
Do you really think Arlen Ness and other "American" companies aren't set up and producing in China? Ness mirrors for $39.99? Uh humm...
I buy MoCo, and trust MoCo quality...
Top quality, best chrome and I really don't care what it costs compared to the competition. Everything on my bike is MoCo, except for V&H pipes, Wimmer intake (top quality) and Kury mirrors.
I'm on my second set of those cheaper "aftermarket" mirrors, and I'm ready to toss them in the tool box and buy a set of MoCo mirrors...
I'm not lookin for a "deal"...

I'm still wondering if anybody has purchased the new MoCo air horn.
It sure looks suspicious, but I haven't seen one up close yet. It may not be all that bad in contrast with my engine.
It's obviously not a popular part, but I don't have the room 8 ball has to mount a horn underneath.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
George C said:
I buy MoCo, and trust MoCo quality...
Top quality, best chrome and I really don't care what it costs compared to the competition. Everything on my bike is MoCo
GeorgeC, understand the airhorn I put on my bike will not work on yours. BUT man are you off on your idea that everything MOCO is high quality especially your assessment of the MOCO chrome. The chrome on my MOCO road winder wheels peeled off in sheets due to the poor chrome on them and there are lots and lots of guys with the CVO bikes who have had problems with all sorts of chrome pieces on the CVO EG from floor boards to wheels with bad chrome jobs. I for one do not blindly trust the MOCO chrome parts any more. I had to get my road winder wheels rechromed on my dime. There are lots and lots of guys who had to get their wheels on their CVO EG's replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I guess that's for another thread, but I'll expand a little anyway.
I guess if I were in the market to buy wheels, the last wheels I would buy would be MoCo. I personally don't like any of their styles available for my bike. That may change when they introduce new stuff..
RevTech Doom or Performance Machine Hooligan would be my two choices. I trust both of those companies, and know their quality. Mainly, because they are top dollar, and because cheap price and quality never meet.
Chrome parts aftermarket companies such as Kuryakyn, and the other "J&P or J.C. Whitney" types wouldn't get a whiff from me.
That's just my opinion. You guys can opt to buy whatever, and where ever you like.

I'm still wondering about the horn...

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
GerogeC just wanted to also say nice scooter you got there , just looked at your photo album and it is a sweet ride. Agree those other wheels you talk about are nice just don't really like their look on a bagger but like you say back to the subject of your question the horn and I don't have anything else to add to that. Later, RG

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
FYIW, there's a large open space on your bike, behind the transmission, below the swingarm pivot shaft, above the rear shocks, and in front of the rear inner fender/splash guard... you can fit couple of compact horns, an air compressor, or if you're in CA, a vapor canister.

not trying to be a dick, but that H-D horn is baboon-ass ugly and overpriced.

merely some suggestions, but you can get something less expensive, proven, and effective... and possibly stuff it under the bike where I just mentioned (and where I put my dual Hella compacts... small children muddy their pants when I hit the horn button)

the stock Harley horns are single Hella compacts (low note, I think)

the "super pimp-daddy" horn add on (not the air horn) that H-D sells for ~$140.00 is just another Hella compact (high note to go with the stock low note) with a relay and a purty chrome cover... same horn you can get for ~$11, sans fancy (ugly) doo-dad cover and relay.

I would stay away from brands like FIAAM, Wolo, and other brands that make animal sound horns... stick with solid brands that make horns that come as OEM on finer machines, like Hella and Stebel.

CHP bikes use Stebel horns, or at least they did, I'm not sure about now.

Hummer H1's come with dual Hella Compact Trumpet horns (same ones I put on my Night Train).

read the decible ratings CLOSELY! some companies rate at 1", some at 1', and some at what ever distance they felt like that day. Caveat Emptor!!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the solution for me.
I want an air horn because if I need a horn, I want one to get the job done.
I'll look in the position you suggested.
Personally, I like the look of the stock horn I have now, but it's worthless.
I would love to tuck a loud one underneath somewhere unseen.
Thanks...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts