V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed khromewerks sweepers +2 on my 09 ultra yesterday install went well 4 hours labor didnt have to change clutch cableor throttle wires going to test ride today !!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
you might want to reconsider that clutch cable change. it being that less in length than is needed could cause you a problem down the rode.
I tried mine without a change first and it was way too tight. went with HD touring pullback bars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
installed khromewerks sweepers +2 on my 09 ultra yesterday install went well 4 hours labor didnt have to change clutch cableor throttle wires going to test ride today !!!!!
Pics please, doing my 09 Street Glide in the near future parts are on the way. I did my 06 Ultra back in the day as well, and yeah what a difference. I went with the HCC 12" mini ape set up for the Street Glide. Going to add the Thunder max at the same time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Tried those sweepers on my 07 EG and didn't like them.
Put my wrists in a alkward angle. Not good with Arthritis.
Went to the Harley Pullbacks.
Angle wasn't perfect but when I turned them down a little it is just right. Very comfortable for me.

Barney Biker
07 EG
PGR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after 4 or 5 hours of riding i would get a pain like some one was sticking a khife between my shoulders hope these bars help that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Het 06 ultra what was happening to theclutch that made you change it out
I went with a set of the wild one chubby's, and they recomended the new longer clutch cable, so I just went with it.
After installing the new clutch cable I am glad I did, as the stock one would have been just to tight for my liking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks mine is also a little on the tight side will be ordering one how much longer should i do

·
Registered
256 Posts
Clutch cable

thanks mine is also a little on the tight side will be ordering one how much longer should i do
OEM #38649-08 for 2008-up About $35 with tax and +3 or 4" depending on who you ask...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Same problem I had on a stock E Glide. Changed them to Heritage bars and fixed the shoulder blade tingle and cables reached just fine. Might have to do that to my New bike:)

after 4 or 5 hours of riding i would get a pain like some one was sticking a khife between my shoulders hope these bars help that

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I dont like my wrist angle on the pullback's, just is not a natural angle.

·
Registered
716 Posts
MCE, How are those Avon grips?
Are they comfortable. Are they bigger than the stock grips.
Been thinking about geting some for my bike. Need some that aren't so big for my small hands.

Barney Biker
07 EG
PGR

·
Registered
858 Posts
MCE, How are those Avon grips?
Are they comfortable. Are they bigger than the stock grips.
Been thinking about geting some for my bike. Need some that aren't so big for my small hands.

Barney Biker
07 EG
PGR
they're the most comfortable grips I've had. they're close to stock in size, not a smaller type grip. when looking i almost went with the performance machine grips until I ran across these made in the usa for a third of the price. find the custom chrome part number and use it zanottis or the like.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I just ordered a set of Avon Velvet Grips and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. I considered the Iso grips for a while but I think the Avon's are much better looking and feel better to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts