V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Heritage handlebars fit on my 03 roadglide without replacing any of the cables?? Thanks Cathy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dyna Wide Glide Chrome Bars are a better choice. Hand position beter. All stock controls work. Just need to do minor alignment to brake line. May need to route clutch cable.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Yes the Heritage bars work and well. I have them on mine and all my cables fit when I swapped them out no problem. I also went to urethane riser bushings while I was there. You lose that left grip so time for a new set of grips also. It is a very nice inexpensive bar swap.

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
What is the difference in the two bars? Thanks...........Ward

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
On the Heritage bars I got all but 2" rise and 2" pull back over the stock bars, don't sound like much but makes a big difference to me anyway. I don't know about the other bars mentioned though.

For 50 bucks, and the new grips, and the riser bushings, it was very worth while to me. Couple hours work and a much better riding position to me.

Maybe someday I will spend the money on those very expensive Chubby Baby Apes, but I doubt it:whistle:

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
So you're saying the Heritage bars have 2" less rise and 2" less pullback? Thanks..........Ward

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put Heritage bars on my 05 and also friends 03. Fit with no problems. I think I had to cut a cable tie on my front brake cable to get a little slack. Go to a local indie and see if he has a set of takeoffs. I bought both sets for 20 bucks each at local shops. You will like them a LOT better.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Heritage bars were the cheapest ($5.00 from a bud) and one of the best improvements I made on my R/G.

No cable changes needed...

·
Registered
779 Posts
bigblock455 said:
So you're saying the Heritage bars have 2" less rise and 2" less pullback? Thanks..........Ward
More, not less...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts