V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all......just checking in and thought I'd introduce myself. I retired about a year ago as a District Supervisor for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol after thirty years service and now live in Georgetown, TX. I've ridden for about the last thirty-three years starting with a Hodaka dirt bike. My last ride was a new '92 H-D FXRT which I sold in '95. I'll be picking up a new 2003 Sportster 1200S in about two weeks to ride around my local area. :D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
30 years with the Highway Patrol. Admirable. Welcome to the forum and welcome to TEXAS. Lots of good people associated with this forum and lots of knowledge. Excellent riding in the Georgetown area, especially points west in the Hill Country. Enjoy your Sporty.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,trooper113!

Glad you joined us,alot of people owe you a big "Thank You" for your thirty years of service!!

Congrats on your new Sportster,enjoy!

Post often.
guido

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've got 2 relatives on the force that live in the OK City area. Did you ever know any Cox boys? Welcome and Thank you for your service.

PS: One of my first dirt bikes was a Hodaka also but I preferred my Husky.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cox9000 said:
I've got 2 relatives on the force that live in the OK City area. Did you ever know any Cox boys? Welcome and Thank you for your service.

PS: One of my first dirt bikes was a Hodaka also but I preferred my Husky.

Are your relatives OHP Troopers or another agency? I don't recall the Cox name in OHP, but there are a number of Troopers I don't know. My entire career was in southwest Oklahoma and I only went to OKC for schools, meetings and such.....and the OKC bombing.

EDITED: I checked the roster....Hal or Kevin Cox?

I had two Hodakas.....the first was just a 90cc stripped dirt bike, but the second was a 100cc Super Rat. That one was a grin to ride. Huskies were by far better.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Oh Yeah, I remember those super rats, they were a lot of fun. Best of luck to you on your Sportster 1200S arriving in about two weeks. Sure wish mine was gona get here that soon. Take care and ride safe.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the board from about 50 miles south of you in Buda. Where are you getting your bike from? I don't know if you been to the Alley yet (you probally have)but they are seem to be some good people, worth stoping by and taking a look around.
Jeff

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FXST00 said:
Welcome to the board from about 50 miles south of you in Buda. Where are you getting your bike from? I don't know if you been to the Alley yet (you probally have)but they are seem to be some good people, worth stoping by and taking a look around.
Jeff
Thanks for the welcome. The Alley...that's the place in G'town? If so, been there....nice folks, lotsa stuff. I'm getting the bike in Temple. So far I'm real happy with them, too.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome Trooper113...lots of LE folks here as well. I know lots of OK Troopers....heck, you might even know em....N.Starks, B.Hughes, M.Abernathy,C.West, J.Real....among the few..

The OL is an officer for Oklahoma City PD....

Welcome aboard!

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dprice said:
Welcome Trooper113...lots of LE folks here as well. I know lots of OK Troopers....heck, you might even know em....N.Starks, B.Hughes, M.Abernathy,C.West, J.Real....among the few..

The OL is an officer for Oklahoma City PD....

Welcome aboard!
Thank you! I do know Nate, Bill and Chris.....worked with Chris a lot by phone. Bill was one of my old fearless leaders. I don't recognize the other two names. Ten more days until my new ride shows up! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome

Trooper 113.
Welcome to the forum(Best I've found yet) There are real good folks
here who know alot about bikes!
Thanks also for your service.I admire you making it thru that many years.
Best of luck on your new bike.Enjoy your retirement.
Ride Safe
Blue Knights Pa Vll
masher:cool:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome to the forum Trooper113. I've got another 15 years to go here in Jersey. Don't think I'll stay 30 though. We'll see... Good luck with the new scoot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hodaka... Man, that brings back some memories. My dad used to race dirt bikes when I was a tike and I can still smell those bikes from the "mix-your-own" days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts