V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Personally I'd check around with other insurance companies, I have to believe unless you have a boatload of tickets that you can find it cheaper. When i was 18 I went through Dairyland isurance, they gave me about the best deal, progressive was too high and I know it was because of my age. Now that I am 25 however progressive is one of the lower ones.

One last thing, Progressive insurance prices are also in addition to age related to a credit score, being 20 you may not have good enough credit to score a lower cost this is yet another reason I might suggest looking at another insurance company.

· Registered
119 Posts
all right I know I will get jeers for this but, if you have checked other insurance agents and still a no go on the harley, and your looking for something cheaper but bigger look at the Honda VTX 1800 Retro, this bike is large so you wont have a problem fiting into it however its also quite heavy, they also have a 1200 model in the vtx thats a little smaller and might work out as well.

I still think you could do the harley with a much lower cost on insurance, couple of things to consider, call around, dairy land, HD Insurance Comp, etc etc, if you are prepared to pay cash for the harley then you obviously have a few dollars put away. I dont know what youve been talking to the insurance company's for as far as a deductable but look at raising it to 1000.00 that should cut the costs dramatically, and lets face it for anything less then that if it comes to damage you might as well pay yourself so you dont make a claim (besides is there really any damage fix for a bike that comes in under 1000.00)

· Registered
119 Posts
btw most companies im sure you know will give you an insurance discount on the harley if you take the motorcycle safety class and they give you an additional discount if you join H.O.G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.