V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I like what I see. Very nice design and lots of Info. I have been riding Motorcycles since the age of 8 and I am now 33. I have owned many different types of motorcycles from dirt bikes to all out pro street racers. I raced Motocross when I was a teen. My dad always was a Harley guy and had a 78 Lowrider. Often I would debate with him about how much better the racing bikes where compared to Harley's and he would just say someday you will understand.

Well my Dad past away in '91 and left me the Harley, I loved it and then I truly understood what it was all about. The '78 Lowrider was nice but not so reliable so I decided to part with it and get a 96 Heritage, this was a great bike and I put lots of miles on it. A few years after I got divorced and had to sell the Heritage it was not easy but I had no choice.

Last year was the time to get back on the saddle and I am glad to say I took delivery of my 2002 Fuel injected 1550 Fat Boy. I was so excited when I picked it up from the dealer, it was funny to see my face with a permanent grin pasted on it. I then started to customize the bike that I have been dreaming about over the last 4 years. Great "Vance & Hines long shots sound and look" lots of chrome and performance. Now It is winter in Ontario where I now live so I am back to customizing the bike that has brought me so much happiness over the last year. This winter I am changing the Handle bars " I am installing Carline Drag bars with internal wires" and chrome plating the entire front end. I can't wait until spring to be riding again. I think of my Dad every time I ride and in a way I think that he is riding with me. One thing is for sure, I now understand what he meant about the feeling of riding a Harley it is truly like nothing else. Thanks for everything Dad.

Peace

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Helleva intro! Welcome to the forum and post often. Keep us updated on your progess with the Fat Boy.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome and enjoy, that is a great intro, I'm sure the ole man is smiling right with ya....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome! :D A Fatboy is a great ride:cool: . Keep us up dated. Great intro.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome aboard, Smeerdude! Very nice introducution. Your dad must have meant alot to ya. Wish I could say the same about my real dad. Luckily, my stepfather (dad) has taken his place and has shown me everything there is to know about Harleys and other things of course. I got myself a 2003 Fatboy this past December and I'm ready to take it for a ride. Here are some pics at www.picturetrail.com/ftby24

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, I am happy to be a part of the forum. My Dad was very special to me. I hope to maybe meet up with some of you this summer and go riding. I live in Ontario (Bolton) not far from Toronto. I bought my bike at Davies Harley in Richmond Hill. Drop me a line if you live in the area and we can hook up for a cruise sometimes.

Thanks again to everyone for the great welcome.

Peace.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the forum smeerdude,

Glad you found us; hopefully winter won't be too long for you. Sounds like you had a nicely customized bike to start with and I am sure by spring in Canada you have that thing looking real good. Look forward to some pictures.

Thanks and welcome again,

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will post some pictures soon. The front end of the bike is not back from the Chrome house yet. I also have to get a different style of Signal lights because the old ones wont fit on the new Bars.

Can't wait t'il spring, only a few more months to go.

I will keep you updated with the progress of the bike.

Peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts