V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after lurking for a bit...it's time to join in! For Christmas, I sold my old buddy, a 75 Ironhead, and bought a 98 Lowrider--my 9 y.o. son is now riding with me, and the Ironhead just didn't work for 2 up. We ride mostly Northern Idaho, Western Montana--but will now have the ability to wander more.
I have gained much from this forum already!
...anybody from this neck of the woods??

regards,
Cheapdad

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Obviously, I'm not from there but I do like the area. Many people I work with are reitiring to Idaho these days. Must be something to it. Ride safe and enjoy the board!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm next door in Washington and have ridden about everywhere in Idaho.
Great riding when the snow ain't fly'n :beer4u:
I had a '75 XLCH for about 8 years then bought an Evo FXRS.
Kept that one for 10 years and over 100,000 miles.
On my second EG now but I wish I had kept that Superglide at times.
You're going to love it! :woohoo:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Man you live in a beautiful place. Must be fun riding there. Welcome and post up some pics of that scooter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. I live in Spokane but spend most my time riding in Idaho. I usually hit the Hot Rod Cafe and Cruisers every Thursday night for bike night. Great times. Anyway, welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live just north in Southern Alberta. Do spend some time riding down your way, beautiful country esp around Seeley Lake.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
photos added

1998 Lowrider, SE slip ons, "Dakota Kid" reworked carb, SE intake, Big Sucker, Corbin seat, floor boards....and we'll see just what gets done next

Cheapdad

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Wow!! You got paved streets, curbs and gutters, and everything! Just like in California! I didn't know the rest of the world was so civilized!:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cheapdad said:
. !
...anybody from this neck of the woods??

regards,
Cheapdad
Yeah Mon....

Pay attention to Luckys over on 4th in CDA. Good folks.

This summer ride around Lake PO... you'll find plenty of good folks... you break down, youll find me or a ton of other folks,,, Never leave a biker stranded.

I'm sure I'll see ya around.

B

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
My wife and I took my Wide Glide up to Spokane and CDA this summer. We stayed up there for a week. We just put our house up for sale in the San Francisco Bay Area and plan on moving up there this spring.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the welcomes!
yep, we're fairly civilized, but the winter can drag along--look closely, you can see the ice covering the street....
AND...Lawrences gets all my business, very good folks--Scott and Lucky just did a once-over with this bike, and played a big part in keeping my old Ironhead on the road--honest, knowledgeable, and friendly.
A favorite ride for my boy and I is CDA to Sandpoint, to Clark Fork then up the river to Thompson Falls, across the pass to theCDA river, then home. Except for the 5 pound bugs along the Clark fork--it's a great way to run up 225 miles!
Cruisers is a bit too much bar for my 9 y.o. rider--but he can sure down the tacos at the Thurs nite Roadhouse/Hot Rod Cafe get together!

Cheapdad

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts