V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one my name is Shane I am from LB CA. My dad and I just picked up a 2005 ultra classic electra glide with a 117xxx miles I know its a lot of miles. haha but for the price we got every one on this site would have bought it. it has the 103 motor with a cam and full vance & hines exhaust. It also has a full paint job and pin striping job.

Ok now my question. The antenna wire actually shorted out in the head unit melted and was grounding out the head unit. any ideas? I have never heard of this before

Attachments

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
man no love for LB

well besides that,

:whistle:

this is the intro section. Perhaps start a new post in the Electrical, Wiring and Lighting section and you may get ignored there better :)
...not sure what you mean by "head unit"...

Don't worry, lots of posts get overlooked and responses can be slow. Lots if good people here!

and btw,

:welcome:

and great looking ride!!!

rkc

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Ultras with high miles are famous for failed front engine mounts, and the rear rubber doughnut/ engine mounts. This causes excessive vibration to the fairing which in turn often causes the radio brackets to break inside the fairing damaging the radio etc. Call Sierra Electronics for help with Radio or to at least get steered in right direction for a fix. Gold wingers have used them for years for GL radios. If you do a search on "failed engine mounts" and "broken fairing brackets" you will find a ton of info. Perhaps other members can chime in on what vendor repairs the Harley units? Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts