V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. This looks like a great forum!

Just stopping in to say hello and introduce myself. I'm going to be here to learn all I can and ask a few questions because I plan on buying my first Harley sometime this spring. I have wanted one for the last 8 years, but I never could flip the bill for it untill now. I never had a bike before, actually I have never even ridden one except for a few dirtbikes as a kid. I'm signing up for the riders safety course here in the next month or so to get my liscence and hopefully learn a few things. If everything goes right I should have my bike as soon as the good riding weather gets here. Only problem is I can't decided if I want a new Fatboy or the RoadKing Classic :hmmm:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Yo... California.

You are way too young to even relate to... waiting a whole 8 years... funny from my perspective. More power to you tho'; wish I had bought mine years ago!!!

I wanted a fatboy for years, but went witht the RK Custom.. lean, low and sleek. Take a peak at the Screamin' Eagle 103 Fatboy with the 200mm rear tire.... dammit... what the fatboy should be.

Welcome to the forum... good people here... and the safety course is a must.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
PeepingTom said:
Hey guys and gals. This looks like a great forum!

Just stopping in to say hello and introduce myself. I'm going to be here to learn all I can and ask a few questions because I plan on buying my first Harley sometime this spring. I have wanted one for the last 8 years, but I never could flip the bill for it untill now. I never had a bike before, actually I have never even ridden one except for a few dirtbikes as a kid. I'm signing up for the riders safety course here in the next month or so to get my liscence and hopefully learn a few things. If everything goes right I should have my bike as soon as the good riding weather gets here. Only problem is I can't decided if I want a new Fatboy or the RoadKing Classic :hmmm:
Both bikes are great bikes, but you can't go wrong with a Fatboy. The Fatboy will limit you on bag choices should you want some unless you relocate the turn signals. I put on a Panacea and removed my rear turn signals from the struts. The Kuryakyn Panacea has integrated tail lights and then you can go with BossBags if you want or the Baggertail. Either choice though will set you back some coin. It all depends if you are like me and just want a slick bike. I don't have bags or windshield. The RK Classic will come with a removeable windshield though and the cool Nacelle. All you need to do to slick out the front is come chrome lowers. Once again it is all about personal preference. What ever you go with you will enjoy.

I also recommend highly the beginner rider saftey course. It doesn't have to be the Harley endorse one. Just a good motorcycle safety course will teach you alot. On top of that, once you get your bike I recommend going to an empty parking lot at night and get a good feel for the bike. A Harley will be a much heavier bike than you will learn on, but they are well balanced. You just need to know how it handles so you will know what to expect in traffic and cornering.

Also, if you want a good price on a scoot and can afford one now check out www.cycletrader.com if you want to buy used. There are alot of used bikes on that website.

Post up some pics of that scoot once you get her and congrats on getting a new bike no matter what you get.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Harris...............

Welcome aboard.

This is one fine forum that is for sure.

There are many threads written by a man named Harris here. Be sure to check them out in detail to help you come up to speed with your riding (just a suggestion)

Take care and read on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P 0 P E Y E said:
Welcome aboard.

This is one fine forum that is for sure.

There are many threads written by a man named Harris here. Be sure to check them out in detail to help you come up to speed with your riding (just a suggestion)

Take care and read on.
Thanks, I'll do that.

And sorry, my mistake. I meant the Road King Custom, not Classic.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Custom is a nice windshieldless bike. :p Can't go wrong there. The Road King Classic looks sweet though without the shield on it.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Go rent each and see which one ya want. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts