V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just found this place and I need all the advice I can get!

Got my license about 4 years ago and didn't pull the trigger until last May (2005). A deal for a Fatboy fell into my lap (actually my wife found it) and I didn't pass it up!

I've only ridden a few hundred miles on it, but I'm getting used to the size and the power and will soon be tooling around all over the place.

I'd like to start doing some work on it myself (mostly fluid changes) and I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions. Many lives ago, I used to work on cars, so I'm sure I'll be able to handle a few things.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
If this is a used bike, make sure you change the turn signal fluid. Quite important, especially on fatboys.

:welcome:

As you can see, you should accept no technical advice from me.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
^rolleyez^ Captain, you ain't right man. :duh?:

:welcome: to the forum! Feel free to ask away. Post up often and enjoy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to this fine, factual and informational forum of the chosen few.

The few that choose big v-twin power and all that goes with it.

See you on the boards. Don't forget to grab a laugh or two along the way.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nice to see another rider from the Atlanta area .. I'm up in Buford

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hello from Nashville

Not to far from the Atlanta area. Glad to see another Fatboy rider in our midst. Never to many Fatboys when it comes to a great motorcycle that doesn't need a shield on it to block the wind. Just some goggles and go. :p

:welcome: to the forums.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Welcome Sammy and hello from Canton

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Welcome neighbor, I'm also local to ATL (Suwanee). Good thing we've been having relatively mild weather this winter, it's made for some decent riding days. Where'd you get the Fatboy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turn signal fluid

Captain Bligh said:
If this is a used bike, make sure you change the turn signal fluid. Quite important, especially on fatboys.

I didn't need to change it. Until 1999 Fatboys used the powdered turn signal, which lasts forever.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where'd I get the Fatboy?

Shutterbug,

I bought it from a guy in Roswell who needed the cash to fix up his new house. My wife is an agent and sold this guy's house. She called me when they were doing the inspection to see if it was something I'd be interested in. (She had previously been against me buying a motorcycle at all.) "Interested?" I said. "That's my dream bike." I went over and looked at it then bought it the next day.

I've wanted a Fatboy ever since Arnold drove one in Terminator 2.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Sammy457 said:
I didn't need to change it. Until 1999 Fatboys used the powdered turn signal, which lasts forever.
Ah, yes, the powdered turn signals! Personally, I'd change them out so you can run Syn 3, but to each their own.

And, we want to see pictures of the fatboy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About my Fatboy

Fatb0y said:
What year model / color is your Fatboy? Post up some pics if you can.
1999 Aztec Orange (the previous owner was a Cleveland football fan). A lot of chrome and all the "ride to live" covers available. Pics will have to wait until I get some on this machine to upload.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Very cool Pic. Thanks for posting it.

That is nOT a messy garage, at least by my standards.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now all I need are some saddlebags, but I can't bring myself to spend the $$ for the ones that I want.

I've got a windshield but I haven't been using it.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hey Sammy Welcome back at you. Pretty neat forum ay. Congrats on the scoot looks sweet.

I have been able to do just about all of my maintanence and customizing, thanks to the service manual. If you do not already own one i would highly recomend you get one, worth every penny.

I hear ya on the pronounciation of Dacula You say da-cue-la Most people pronounce it like the:welcome: :welcome: vampire with out the R. Ride safe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts