V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few things on the V-Rod that I don't like designwise is the front light setup - the bike looks a bit depressed! I have seen some modified V-Rods with various front designs and wonder if anyone has some pics and sources on where to get these. I am attaching a pic of a cool V-Rod from German firm Speed-Point, which I think has a quite cool light setup. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would be happy to see something different witht the front light, it does look like it's had one too many valiums.

I just don't prefer the fairing look, I would love to see some alternatives myself.

I have seen regular round lights mounted that looked decent, but not what I would want on my bike.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
I think a dual side-by-side setup like the sukis would do it justice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I added a set of U3 driving lights by Who-Did-It. It also replaces the stock turn signals to LED bar lenses in the chrome light mount. Cool! Wired the lights so they come on with the brights which needed the most help. The unit also helps break the lay back look of the front end and has not interfered with fork travel. The lights are minnie size with blue lenses. Its a simple add on, but not cheap, around $400.

I'm new to this forumn so don't know how to post a pic yet, sorry! CruiserCustomizing site has them pictured.

Pete

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Pass22, to add a pic, - click on the "post reply" icon below/ near the bottom of the page you'll see the work "browse" / click it and just find the correct file.

Now quit messin' around and lets see them lights.

·
Registered
149 Posts
All right here goes, this shot shows them pretty good.

Thanks!

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Sweet! Man that bike shur is purty.:)

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Thanx Pas22, Really like the chrome belt covers too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks! Since this pic I've added chrome bullet mirrors which go along with the styling nicely. Have double barrel exhaust on order, will see how much loader it is and if it looks as good as in the advertising!

Put the V-Rod in a small show this last Saturday and it drew more attention than the more traditional rides there. Don't quite have a 1000 miles on yet but love this bike!

Pete

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have tried a couple of things. The first was to flip the light upside down. Looked really cool, but couldn't get enough wire from the harness to turn the steering all the way. Ended up mounting a stock H-D chrome visor to change the lazy looking slope of the light.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What is the part number for that visor, is it a multi-fit or one just for the V-Rod.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
The visor i gotta have

Saw another bike with one ----not only is it cool looking , but functional-----I'm 6'1-----when i sit , my eyes are over the instrument panel , and at night they catch the VERY BRIGHT top edge of the headlight lens----it seems to mess up my night vision-------

I would like to get the visor-----ssooooo like va-v-rod , i would like to know the part # too......

I must say that i really like the running lights , but would keep the front turning signals where they are-----I like how the amber light splashes down over all that front end aluminum.

Nice Job Jstanford !

Hutch

·
Registered
149 Posts
Joejitsu,

Yah be my guest, should send you an updated pic with the bullet mirrors sometime, glad you like my ride! Say, do you have aftermarket pipes on your ride, if so, what are they?

Just a note to anyone thinking about the U-3 lights. Who-Did-It claims their mounting bracket works with the V-Rod. The one they sent me does not. I had to bend it to match the angle of the forks, and as it isn't polished, I had to shine it up. Also had to drill and die (sic?) two quarter inch holes in the lower tree. I was reluctant to do this, but the mounting bracket covers them anyway. Used quarter inch chrome bolts and washers. Wired the lights into the high beam cricuit, and covered both light and turn signal wires with a chrome (plastic) braided wire sleaves.

Speeking of braided wires, Barnet makes braided steel thottle cables for the V-Rod, have them on order.

Pete

·
Registered
906 Posts
Pas2,

Like alot of folks I fell for the SE marketing hype, and feel like I've been ripped off!! I should have listened to them on another V-Rod before wasting the money on them, the only plus was getting the chip remapped.

I am considering sending the stock pipes out to have baffles removed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hay jstanford,

What was install like; what did you have to do, take off etc? Is the instructions any good for the V-Rod?

Thanks,

Dave

1 - 20 of 39 Posts