V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have been riding motorcycles for 30 years. Grew up in Flushing, NY, moved to Long Island.

Bikes I've owned, 1st bike a 1980 Honda CB750F. Through the years owner enduro's, Yamaha Seca 750, Honda 2001 Shadow Sabre 1100, Yamaha 2001 FZ1, Honda 2005 VTX1800F and now, today, 2008 Ultra Classic, Blue. The Ultra is my best bike owned.

I dabbled in some classic cars throughout the years, 1973 Vette, 1979 Z28. Used them, played with them, loved them, sold them. And yes, I always had sellers remorse when I let them go. Hell, I wish I had them all today. But what the heck, the Ultra will do just fine.

Love the touring bike, with radio, CB and very comfortable ride. Took awhile to get use to the heat between my legs. Gota keep those big V-twins moving!!

Gota a wife and a few kids. Got commitments, a job and pay high taxes.

I like to unwind on the bike with rides to Oak Beach, Captree and upstate NY. I ride with my neighbors and friends. My kids love to ride on the back, they like the intercom system on the bike. :clap:

Best to all,
Leigh

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53524&stc=1&d=1242618031

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome Leigh, I'm at captree almost every afternoon sitting on the bench with all of the other " old guys " Stop by and say hello.

Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new here myself. I was a very active member on another forum but was ready for a change....this looks like a great place....I think you'll enjoy it!
BTW, As another Ultra rider, I agree...best scoot I ever owned too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First bike was a 125 Elsinore. Been riding 30 years. Many makes and models. Seem to change bikes like socks. Ducati was a favorite. Have owned three Sportsters: a 1982 25th Anniversary 1000, a 1988 Evo and a 1991 Evo. My present bike is a 2004 Night Train. Can't see parting with it... Might be the end of the line! Need mods. :whistle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Leigh, I'm at captree almost every afternoon sitting on the bench with all of the other " old guys " Stop by and say hello.

Ron
Ok Ron, I will do that. From time to time I cut out of work early in the summer. I see you guys there, I will say hello!
Thanks,
Leigh

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
welcome from yet another long islander, I lived in em for a bunch of years, n. jerusalem and newbridge.....I meet my buddy on wednesdays around 515 for our wed ride, come join us....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have been riding motorcycles for 30 years. Grew up in Flushing, NY, moved to Long Island.

Bikes I've owned, 1st bike a 1980 Honda CB750F. Through the years owner enduro's, Yamaha Seca 750, Honda 2001 Shadow Sabre 1100, Yamaha 2001 FZ1, Honda 2005 VTX1800F and now, today, 2008 Ultra Classic, Blue. The Ultra is my best bike owned.

I dabbled in some classic cars throughout the years, 1973 Vette, 1979 Z28. Used them, played with them, loved them, sold them. And yes, I always had sellers remorse when I let them go. Hell, I wish I had them all today. But what the heck, the Ultra will do just fine.

Love the touring bike, with radio, CB and very comfortable ride. Took awhile to get use to the heat between my legs. Gota keep those big V-twins moving!!

Gota a wife and a few kids. Got commitments, a job and pay high taxes.

I like to unwind on the bike with rides to Oak Beach, Captree and upstate NY. I ride with my neighbors and friends. My kids love to ride on the back, they like the intercom system on the bike. 👏

Best to all,
Leigh

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53524&stc=1&d=1242618031
hi, flushing, then east meadow now bay shore, 2005 ultra just this year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts