V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bugs
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I've been lurkin on the board for a little bit and decided to subscribe today. So I guess an introduction is in order. We moved here a few years ago and living in the San Diego area = riding weather all year. I used to ride in the 60's and 70's. Gave it up when kids arrived and the bikes just sat in the garage. Had a Honda CB450 for commuting and BSA650, Ariel500, Triumph 500 twin, Norton 850 at different times for weekends. Just bought a new XL 1200 C from Sam at the HD dealer in Chula Vista (now moving to National City). I'd rate him and them as good folks, given that they're dealers. I always worked on my own machines and I've added Stage 1 to the Sporty. Always wanted a Harley when I rode back then, but living in the Oakland area one had to think carefully about that bike. Now that I've got one it's as great a classic ride as I thought it would be. Now, if I could just get the wife on the back....

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just happen to live in Chula Vista too. Been here all my life. I own Janies Bar right down the street from where Southcoast HD was. It's gonna be strange going to National City to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:welcome: to the forums.

I lived in Chula Juana '86-'90, about a block in from I805. That was before my riding days, tho...and yep, the weather is good for riding year 'round.

Enjoy your time here.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Fine first post Mister B,

You have passed the audition and joined our fine forum. Congrats.

I have the same problem as you, or is it a blessing in disguise? I am referring to getting the OL to actually enjoy riding on the back of my Roadking.

Perhaps a different shaped passenger seat would help. Perhaps the newer bikes don't vibrate enough. I am not sure why but she just does not dig cruising on the king.

Enough of my petty problems. This bud is for you. Welcome to the gang. :thumbsup:

·
Bugs
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chula Juana, indeed! That's so right that I didn't even see it first off. I think my mind just accepted it as a proper name.

Thanks y'all for the welcomes.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Post up often and enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hey GLIDE I thought your O/L owned the bar....she just lets you come in and drink for free if you fill the ice buckets and take out the trash...LOL

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
ShakyJake said:
Hey GLIDE I thought your O/L owned the bar....she just lets you come in and drink for free if you fill the ice buckets and take out the trash...LOL
I wish I had no interest in it sometimes. When those tax bills come I hide and act like I don't know anything about it. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts