V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I am not new to riding buy I am new to Harleys. I bought a 2006 EGC two weeks ago and wonder why I haven't bought one sooner.

Steve

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome Steve from your neighbor to the south (Washington state)!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from (dry ass)TEXAS!!
good thing you said Texas after that or I would have thought you lived by me. We are a semi arid desert here.

thanks Guys, so far I am enjoying my new bike.. I rode a Shadow Aero for the last 7 years and decided after I moved that it was to small for the big hills here. I went to the Victory shop to buy a cross country but the sales man made the mistake of telling me to go take the harley for a try since I was still on the fence (the harly shop is across the parking lot) well took the 06 EGC for a ride and never went back to the victory shop. the victory had more top end but thats all it had over the EGC. I wonder how many sales they loos to Harley due to that salesman.....

Steve

·
Registered
817 Posts
He probably thought they wouldn't let you test ride a bike, and you'd get pissed off and buy a Victory to spite them. I've even seen Victory TV ads where they said go test ride "any other American made bike". I figured they thought you wouldn't get a ride. It used to be that you didn't get test rides on Harleys. I guess they're doing whatever it takes to make sales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in BC as well, and like you have just made the transition to HD. My previous bikes were Hondas and Yamahas, but I'm thinking I like the exclusive camaraderie of the American-made bike owners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts