V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has been waiting since October 01, for his new Fatboy. It was originally supposed to be shipped in April, but last he heard it was to be shipped out yesterday 5/6.
I was wondering how long it will take once the dealer receives it, until he gets to ride it home? In other words, will the dealership drag their feet, or will they do whatever prep is necessary and get it out the door?
Ol Bob hasn't been sleeping much the last couple of weeks, and once he gets the new scoot, I imagine it will be even worse.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Flash,

I ordered a Fatboy (pearl white) at the end of January, all I can get out of the dealer is "end of May".

Interestingly, the dealer has a Screaming Eagle Road King (FLHRSEI) in radical purple with silver flames. :eek:

After reading of your buddy's wait, I'm so damn tempted to just go buy the Road King TODAY. I want to ride, not f*cking wait.

wyodude

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Most dealerships will prep the bike out the door fairly quick. Tell your friend to get the Airway bill number and he can track the shipment online. Once it is signed for, tell him to show up at the dealership with a dozen doughnuts and a big grin and tell the shop manager he has no problem waiting right there.

·
Registered
985 Posts
It depends on how busy the dealer is......
I had a number of accessories added, it took about 5 days to get my Fatboy prepped after it arrived at the dealer. I wouldn't rush him , you want everything done right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmmm.

I know right now at my local HD shop, it would take a while to get a bike prepped and ready. They have a 1 month waiting list for the service department, and since summer is almost here, they are selling more new bikes (that are on the showroom floor) every day.. These floor bikes once purchased make it back in the shop for final, final and add ons..
This takes up more of the shops space and time..

I bought my Deuce off the floor after debating placing an order for one.
I decided to spend a little more up front (custom paint was on the floor model) and not wait.. I bought mine the first week of June 01 and was riding the next day. They told me if I ordered a Deuce, it would take anywhere from three to four months.
Sh*t, the summer would have been over!!

Good luck! Waiting sucks! Especially when its a brand new purchase!

My buddy ordered a $30k Ranger bass boat in May 01 and didn't take delivery until Oct 01!
nick

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update...

My buddy got the call today; his Fatboy is in, and he can pick it up tomorrow (unless it's raining, then they will deliver it). He went to the dealership to see it, and sat on it for a while (it's his first Harley:D ). I think he may have left a stain on the seat;) !!
Guess I'll have to go for a ride with him this weekend. Sure will be better than his old Kawasaki!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts