V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 fi Road King with a well built engine. It has Samson true duals and SuperTrap slipons. I am very happy with the sound of the SuperTraps but don't like the fishtails. The other tips for these slipons are also not the look I am after. So my ? is are the SuperTraps good performace mufflers and should I be less vain about the looks or are there better performing slipons?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
For EFI bikes the best performing pipes are the E pipe and the Supertrapp, these bikes run best with some backpressure.

Looks and noise levels are personal things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im trying to get some pipes on my ride too..2002 FLHRI..I was told the best pipes for the EFI bikes are the screaming eagles performance pipes. The mechanic said the SE airkit...the download...and the pipes are the way to go as far as performance goes..problem is I like the sound of the vance and Hines. Ive been doing some research, and according to the info, Im hearing that I would need a power commander with any other pipes besides the SE's. I asked the mechanic at harley about this, and he said the power commander would void my warrany. I defineately dont want to do that. was hoping for some help from u guys...sorry about the long post...thanx. And who makes the E-pipes u mentioned?...are they slip ons?...Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
White Bros.

They come both in 2 into 1 and slip on form. The rest of the points are real debatable.
One of the points of replacing exhaust is to get rid of the OEM headpipes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the Reply Hippo...you mean replace the whole pipe?..are the benefits that noticeable?...also trying to improve the sound on a budget, so I dont know if I could swing a total exhaust change...Thanks again

·
Registered
206 Posts
What Power Commander?

TL44,

I went through the same thing as you, and wound up getting the PCIIIr. It installs with wire ties, and you can't tell it was ever there. There are no modifications required for installation.

Off it will go B4 I bring it in for warranty work...

Worth what you paid for it...

Mitch

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Mitch..Thats what I figured I would do if I got the PC, just take it off if i needed work. especially since I laid out some bucks for the extended warranty. Did you install the SE air kit along with it?..how about pipes..I like the vance and Hines...Too many to choose from...appreciate the help..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts