V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Now, now, Hippo. You're not the sort of guy who starts rumors. That article has caused a bunch of smoke around the Internet and I didn't want to start it here. Until the smoke clear, everything is just supposition.

I guess you didn't editorialize with your post. Just asked a question, which is pretty legit.

I don't have any answers yet. Will be inquiring at a local dealership tomorrow when I'm there for an event.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have checked it out. The principal at one dealer fell for a trick question. It's about 150 engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes! It will be installed next week...

The official letter to the dealers listed 155 engines as being recalled to be replaced. My bike is one of the 155. The new engine has arrived and is at the dealer. The bike goes to the shop on Tuesday.

The dealer says the swap is a complete engine/trans assembly complete with fuel system. They will disconnect wiring harness, drop the engine, put the new one in and send it home. The whole job will take one to two days to complete.

The worst part is that I crossed the 500 mile break-in mark last week, now I have to do it all again....

Kevin Brown
St. Peters, MO

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Kevin,

Thanks for the update. 'sorry you have to break-in the bike again. But think of it as having a virgin, one more time! ;) That should bring a smile to your face. I know I smiled when I wrote it. LOL

Welcome to the H/D Forum, Kevin. Thanks for joining us. There are a great group of people here. During the next few days, there may be some irratation while the server change over gets complete. And a few books get worked out of the system. Bear with us. Things will be running fine in a couple of days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New Engine

How do we find out which engines need to be replaced, I got my V-Rod in
December, the article says all V-Rods before March?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There were only 155 bikes involved in the recall. My guess is that is two or three day's production.

All dealers which received one of the bikes recalled has already been notified and the customers have been called by the dealer. If you have not been called, you do not have a problem engine.

The first 50 engines have already been sent out to dealers for installation.

Mine should be completed this afternoon. The dealer said it is a complete engine/trans replacement, everything except witing harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts