V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen these heads before?Patent pending,must be credible to get one.Seems like they would create some hot spots due to the work in the combustion chambers.What are your thoughts?Definitely different.
And after some carbon build up?

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
1200.00 with a new intake manifold included, don't know if I would be just as far ahead having my stock heads ported

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but was just wondering about their idea of combustion chamber swirl in and out of the valves from a new side,(the chamber).

·
Registered
938 Posts
i don't think $1200 is terrible for a bolt and go head package. they are likely to perform, depending on who does your stock castings, they could turn out to be a dud. plus, going 2" intake requires seat change. just adding cost. although i prefer a sleeper approach myself, and a huge delkron mill over the plug kinda lets the cat outa the bag.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
the ports look real nice, but unsure about the chamber myself

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
here's a pic of the chamber...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I wonder if those are their castings, it is easy to put the name in. I was just wondering if they may be an Ultima derivative

·
Banned
293 Posts
I wonder if those are their castings, it is easy to put the name in. I was just wondering if they may be an Ultima derivative
In the past, Delkron was producing their own stuff. I don't see why they would be doing otherwise after being bought out, now. But...maybe.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
they still are their own castings, they are produced not too far from me. I used to have a contact there before they merged with Cometic. I will see if I can get pics of the ports this week

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
The combustion chamber looks like it was cnc to make it a hemi design and the tool marks were never removed. It could help with atomization of the fuel. dsv

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I looked into these a little over a year ago thinking they might be a good place to start for what I wanted out of my 117. That was just before Cometic bought the company. I had flow numbers and as I recall, they weren't bad, but they weren't great ala R&R Stage 5 or Baisley higher-end work. All things considered, I went with SE110 castings.

However, they look good for the cost and seem like they'd deliver. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I'd like to examine a set of those Ultimas, haven't seen one yet.
These days I can fix a 103+ head and get all that is needed, or 2nd choice the CVO 110 ACR.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i should have a set in my hands in a week or two! waiting on pistons

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I have been talking to Jason @ Delkron about my 117 project. He said they are working getting a set of heads to me. pics as soon as possible!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts