V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced clutch cable on 2005 road king police as part of a complete cable replacement for taller bars. Might be a dumb question but shouldnt i be able to pull clutch cable (without it being mounted to the clutch lever) and actuate the clutch? I ask to make sure i didnt do anything wrong. It wont actuate. Guessing the lever provides the leverage needed. Just curious. Trying to learn it all as i go. Excuse the mumbo jumbo of words. Just trying to find a way to put my concerned question into words. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it helps i havnt adjusted anything. Just pulled the derby cover to back the allen bolt off in the clutch hub to free up some slack on the lever end of the cable

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
If you adjusted the allen in the clutch under the derby cover you will have to do a complete clutch adjustment after you replace your cable . To get slack in the cable there is an adjuster in the cable , it should be under a boot along the left downtube . And you will also be told to get a service manual by someone , so I am going to mention it first
for info on adjusting the clutch look at the second post in this thread https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/twin-cam-engine/63859-clutch-revelation-saved.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts