V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
banal
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a good test run today with my Dragonfly fairing, after adding my new smoked 8" Clear View windshileld with the Euro lip. In my estimation it is true what they say: the 8" with the lip provides as much protection as a regular 10" without the lip, and of course looks much better. I am extremely pleased.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
CarbideDude said:
Made a good test run today with my Dragonfly fairing, after adding my new smoked 8" Clear View windshileld with the Euro lip. In my estimation it is true what they say: the 8" with the lip provides as much protection as a regular 10" without the lip, and of course looks much better. I am extremely pleased.
CarbideDude, how do you like the smoked shield? I'm interested in how you think it will work at night? Is it really dark, or just a slight tint? I really like the looks of a smoked shield, but had a taller one in smoke and it really cut down on the visability. Can they do any height, or do they come in standard increments? Sorry for all the ?s, would like to get one. Glad to hear you think the lip works, I really like the looks and like the shorter shields better, just want it to work too. Thanks.
Jerry
PS oh yah, got any pics yet?

·
banal
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jerry - sorry no pics. Love the smoked. I'm 6' even and have previously run an 8" almost completely black from Kuryakyn and really didn't have a visibility problem. The Clearview is lightly smoked, so it's actually improvement over the one I had. I remember asking about other lengths and I'm pretty sure the guy said they are only in std increments, I believe 4", 6", 8", and 10". I'm so loving this lip I'm almost thinking I might could get by with a total badass 6" - but like you say, it's gotta work, for me to be pleased.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
CarbideDude said:
Hi Jerry - sorry no pics. Love the smoked. I'm 6' even and have previously run an 8" almost completely black from Kuryakyn and really didn't have a visibility problem. The Clearview is lightly smoked, so it's actually improvement over the one I had. I remember asking about other lengths and I'm pretty sure the guy said they are only in std increments, I believe 4", 6", 8", and 10". I'm so loving this lip I'm almost thinking I might could get by with a total badass 6" - but like you say, it's gotta work, for me to be pleased.
Thanks for the info, Carbide. I'm 6' too, so should be like me. Do you ride with the stock seat? I have a really low solo seat I use most of the time, wonder if I could get by with the 6"? Course, when I ride with mama I put the couch on and I sit up a couple inches at least. Like to see pics of your 8" shield if you get a chance. Thanks for the info!
Jerry

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
What do you think of the dragonfly fairing, I am interested in purchasing one. How was the installation and what radio did you choose.
Thanks
Brian

·
banal
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question on the seat, but I also run a pretty low one - the Corbin classic solo. I think you could go with 6" for all around town, 1 hour and less rides, but on longer tours you might find yourself slouching a little bit that would be uncomfortable on your back and shoulders as the day wore on.

Love the Dragonfly for the extra wind protection in cooler months and longer tours. Installation is easy, as soon as you toss aside the instructions and just use common sense. I did not get a radio.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I also have a Dragonfly fairing & Clearview WS(6" light tint)

I have tried a bunch of different windshields(Fastair etc) & the Clearview rocks!!!

The quality is awesome & the lip definitely works. The only other shield that is comparable quality is the Cee Bailey.

~John

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
I finally put the Clearview 8'' recurve windshield on this afternoon...i had an OEM that i cut down to 9'' on. This morning, i left wearing a new SHOEI santa cruz helmet i bought on ebay this winter...i had to swing back home cause the visor was catching too much air, causing my vision to be distorted. i put on my HJC w/visor and left...no problem.
this afternoon, while changing oil in the wife's Tahoe, i put the Clearview on and took a ride with the Shoei...Much Better.

the only thing i think needs a slight tweak is...the clearview is preformed & it is more than the curve of the fairing.

·
banal
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xkvator said:
I finally put the Clearview 8'' recurve windshield on this afternoon...i had an OEM that i cut down to 9'' on. This morning, i left wearing a new SHOEI santa cruz helmet i bought on ebay this winter...i had to swing back home cause the visor was catching too much air, causing my vision to be distorted. i put on my HJC w/visor and left...no problem.
this afternoon, while changing oil in the wife's Tahoe, i put the Clearview on and took a ride with the Shoei...Much Better.

the only thing i think needs a slight tweak is...the clearview is preformed & it is more than the curve of the fairing.
I noticed that about the preform curve as well, which was annoying to fit it in and also made it try to keep popping out until you could get it screwed down really tight.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Is there still enough room behind the windshield to be able to use the tripple pouch?

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
timbo said:
Is there still enough room behind the windshield to be able to use the tripple pouch?
I put the triple pouch on, too, while i changed the shield.
the top outside corners stick out 1/4" past the edge...my shield is an 8'', so it curves in sooner than a taller one would, I think.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
timbo said:
here's a pic...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the 8" Clearview with the lip and the 3 bag pouch. 2003 ULTRA. The pouch does not stick out past mine on either side. I didn't have any trouble with the curve not matching my fairing. Everything fits perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts