V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fellow rider's... came across an artcle in a magazine about an oil and lube called 'dyna cycle II' from a place called iron cycles inc in New Jersey. They claim it lowers temps as much as 30%. Whats your take on this.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
IS IT A SYNTHETIC OIL? IF SO IT IS POSSIBLE. IF IT IS PETROLIUM OIL MAYBE NOT UNLESS THEY HAVE SOME SORT OF SYN ADDITIVE. I RUN ONLY AMSOIL IN MY BIKE AND HAVE NOTICED A DROP IN TEMPS BUT NO WHERE NEAR 30%. THEY WILL CLAIM ABOUT ANYTHING FOR A SALE. DO NOT RUN SYNTHETIC OIL UNLESS YOUR MOTOR IS BROKEN IN AS THESE OILS ARE TOO SLICK AND WILL NOT ALLOW THE RINGS TO SEAT.

·
Registered
305 Posts
In all fairness cause I haven't seen the add - it very well be good oil. But then again if truck driver read it right, and I have no reason to doubt truck drivers eye sight or reading ability (LOL) - why in the heck would you trust the product from a company that will make those type of outlandish claims.

Hows that for politically correct, Sidekick?

·
Banned
999 Posts
Cold Rider said:
Hows that for politically correct, Sidekick?
C.R. sounded P.C. to me.

about the most honest claim I've heard about synthetic oil is that it can cause up to three percent improvement in fuel mileage. maybe they just transposed a extra zero in the ad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts