V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my brakes. I have ridden all kinds of bikes and HD stock brakes by far SUCK the most. Maybe it's the weight, not sure. But I want to stop faster. What are my options verses ease of replacement. I put a floating rotor on the back with some good pads and still not what I want. What are the better brands, how many calipers work best, what if any are the mods I'll have to do to get them on? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yellow:

I just did a brake pad upgrade on my '00 fatboy. You can get premium pads for $60 front and rear which make a big difference over stock pads.

Some others on this post have recommended Lyndall Gold pads. I went with the Street Sintered pads from Custom Chrome. Brake feel and stopping power are much improved.

An added benefit: much less brake dust to clean off your solid wheels with the pads I bought.

Hope this helps. An option to consider over new calipers anyway.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My dealer really pushed the PM 4-piston calipers. What's your take on these?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read a PM brake upgrade in Hot Bike a few months ago. The author claimed the difference was impressive.

I'm sure they are great performance-wise. IMO if I'm forking out $400 per end I don't want "PM"s machined over every square inch of the face.

I'd go with something more discreet. But hey that's me.

Bang for the buck = Do the pad upgrade and get HD caliper covers. I did. Plus you have enough cash left over for some HD floating rotors and beer money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good Pads ????

Bet ya didn't buy the Lyndall's.And if you did and are still having braking problems its something else wrong in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts