V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind was at a dealer and was told that Bose has a new 5 1/4" speaker with a built in amp ?? Any one heard about it? Thanks Jay

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
jay dixon said:
A freind was at a dealer and was told that Bose has a new 5 1/4" speaker with a built in amp ?? Any one heard about it? Thanks Jay
One thing you can't count on.....it ain't gonna be cheap!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Bose blows

People who don't know anything about audio buy Bose. Why, you ask? Because Bose is the only speaker maker that advertises on TV and radio and therefore are the only speaker a lot of people have heard of.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,853 Posts
rocket550 said:
Bose blows

People who don't know anything about audio buy Bose. Why, you ask? Because Bose is the only speaker maker that advertises on TV and radio and therefore are the only speaker a lot of people have heard of.
Plus, they're expensive- so they must be good. They're kinda like the AOL of audio, less product for more money. They're ok if you like it in the shallow end of the pool. ;)

Joe

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
fauskar said:
There's a saying in the audio world "friends don't let friends buy Bose."
I believe if you check on what monitor speakers most bands use, you'll find most use Bose. Number one because they are so compact, can be easily elevated and are KICK ASS LOUD. (With very little distortion).

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Bose makes some great products....but in my experience they don't sound any better (or any worse) than speakers costing half as much.

I once worked with a guy into high end audio. He had a set of Bose 901's...very expensive; I think about $1500.00 each. He had them suspended from cables from the cieling and when he cranked up his amp, they'd swing back and forth from the air being forced out of the tube ports....no matter how loud it got, they didn't distort. BUT....I know of a set of definitive technology towers that cost half as much and will match or beat the performance of the 901's....So I agree with the others here who've said they're not worth the money.

If you're into small speakers like Bose specializes in, check out Cambridge soundworks. they too have the small satelite speakers that are supposed to sound incredible for half the cost of Bose.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Afetr putting Hog Tunes on my Ultra I don't bother looking at pther speakers. I would put them up against any others. JMHO:boobies:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts