V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in a previous post about Red Wing boots that some of you soak them in water and wear them to speed up the break in. Im looking at a new pair of Red Wings but am hesitant to soak a $180 pair of boots in water. So is this true or what???

·
Registered
901 Posts
Great Boots!

I posted previously on this subject....

Don't soak them in water - it's unnecessary.

I bought a pair and I didn't have to do anything to them. They have inserts that mold to your feet pretty quickly - or you can heat them up to speed up the process (they'll help you with this at the store).

I didn't have to speed up the fit. They were extremely comfortable Day One.

I keep saddle soap, mink oil, etc. on mine to keep them soft and looking good. They are far and away the best boots I have ever owned.

And they're made in the USA!

H

·
0 Posts
@gree:

Yep, the people at the store will take the time to fit you correctly, and they will feel like your favorite pair of boots right away.

Harris

·
Registered
158 Posts
No need to soak them. I bought a pair off ebay which were a bit to short?? for my high arches. After a few days of wear, they are the most comfortable boots ever. They break in pretty fast. BTW, water won't hurt them. Did 300 + miles in the rain and they look as good as ever. Poured out a 1/2 cup of water each, dryed them and they did not show any adverse effects. I have had them over a year and ridden and walked in them quite a bit, and they have held up well.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm still wearing mine I got 20 years ago , steel toed engineer boots .. ugly but damn near indestructible and comfy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts