V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i just recently got into riding harleys, ive been riding dirtbikes all my life so it was a very easy transition for me.. i went into the dealer about 2 weeks ago and bought a 08 XL1200N nightster. i rode it for a week and loved it and became obssessed with harleys! i went on my first long ride on it, about 350 miles. on the way back flying home on the freeway i felt very uncomfortable, i felt like i was pushing the bike too hard, the suspension was killing me and i just didnt feel safe on the bike while doing high speeds on the freeway, now i realize what everyone i talked to meant told me when they said, that bike is awesome but it wouldnt be my ONLY bike. well 2 days later i went into my dealer and traded her in, took a lil loss but it was a good learning experience. everyone at the dealer said i broke the record lol, 2 weeks trade-in. anyway i got a 2008 softail NIGHT TRAIN, the forward controls took me a few minutes to get used to, but man THIS BIKE IS LIKE APPLES AND ORANGES COMPARED TO THAT NIGHTSTER, this thing is so comfortable and handles way better, overall just better bike in every sense i mean.. ya go figure its double the price but man is it worth it. i'm so happy with this new bike and it looks killer. but anyway thats my story. i was on XLFORUM.NET but i changed over to here now that i got the softail. oh and another thing about the softail EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM makes parts for it.

so i wanna say hey and i look forward to lots of posts on this new forum.
-AL from chatsworth california

·
Registered
25 Posts
good idea on trading in the sporty, i've rode a couple that ran good but for the most part there just not enough for me. i got a buddy that put about 5 grand intoa 1200 evo and it would barely run with my train that was bone stock at the time. o and good choice on the train, they just don't get any better than that... o and of course thats a good name you got there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts